Infos de Mythic à venir

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Ça m'étonnais aussi que Mythic balance des trucs dans ce genre, comme l'a dit Psy ça faisait tout sauf pro.

Maintenant le fond du problème reste le même : WAR avait un lore tellement riche qu'il y avait largement la matière pour créer plusieurs addons avec des zones/races/classes super sympas. A présent que Mythic est sous la coupe d'EA il est tout a fait improbable de voir débarquer un addon là où pourtant d'autres mmos au succès également mitigés ont pourtant eu droit à leur addon (je pense à AoC avec "Rise of the Godslayer" et également à Lotro avec "Les Mines de la Moria") mais nous on y a pas droit.
Je ne peux m’empêcher de penser à un mauvais choix d'éditeur visiblement (EA est pas réputé pour faire dans le détail, ni trop dans le communauté-friendly... c'est plutôt le actionnaires-friendly leur truc ).
Citation :
Publié par elarial
moi ce qui me fait mal au cul, c'est qu'a moins que ce soit un fake troll ou quoi que ce soit, on apprend sa de la "bouche" d'un joueur de war et meme pas de leur part
Put...n t'es revenu toi?
Je suis quand même surpris.
On nous fait une annonce à deux sous made in Mythic : vous allez en savoir plus le 30/07.

Et la rien qu'un post d'un joueur.

La grosse annoce c'est quoi, ce qu'il appelle le capture the flag/relic ?
Ils foirent telement leur comm qu'un unique posteur avec un thread de 4 pages leur cloue le bec ? A la limite c'est vrai que je ne m'y attendais pas
Voila les points evoqué pendant la presentation :

Thanks to Artie for recording it and to Braynz for posting the recordings.

One blurb I got from the recording if i heard right that I hadnt heard anywhere else: in 1.4.4 they're adding a buff to defenders that when you destroy a ram will allow you to fight the attackers and push them back and turn the tide of the battle because people complained that its too hard to defend a keep.

Other than that, heres what I got from the presentation...

1.4.4 (planned for aug30th, but may get pushed back a week):
Buff for defending keep to help turn tide (explained above)
the planned RDPS buffs. (Engi (and Magus?), SW and hopefully SH? No confirmation on any SH love =/ poor gobbos)
Warcamp/guards fixes.
Changing SC quests to associate with weekend warfront SCs.
Generic bug fixes and tome work.
Another SC lineup shakeup.
6v6 GoE making a return.
Wild Hunt LE.

1.4.5 (no date mentioned):
Fort Returns. (explained below)
More targetted C&C changes. (class balance. Hopefully SM/BO? )
More Monster Play. Giving progression to Monster Play.
More ORVR changes. Bringing NPCs back in a smaller way.
New Appearance Armor.
Grovod Caverns returns. (finally)

Beyond that:
Alternate SC locations. (Wing Zones like West Praag, Cinderfall, Isle of Dead mentioned)

Towards end of the year:
Crafting. Adding new systems. Make it more fun to do and more useful to players.
Making a system for upgrades to equipment.
Reuse more existing assets or implementing their "stable" of unused assests.
While not including the other cities, they do have assets "connected" to them they want to try and put in.

Forts:
Putting relics in forts. Similar to DAOC. Wont be called a relic. Are in 2 halves. Wont do anything in their neutral state. Must have both halves to get something.
Must defeat fort lord to get it. Will involve Monster Play on Fort Defense allowing you to play as fort lord.
Must run it back through all the other zones back to your fort, has a timer that will force you to pass it to other people and hot potato it so you cant do it solo.
Get the halves together provides realm-wide bonus, undecided what it is.

Grovod Caverns:
No more bridges..except over a chasm (will hopefully not be a punt fest =/)

T7 appearance armor (there was teirs?! This isnt WoW!):
Most ornate and most detailed armors they've put in.
Does not replace DF/WF.
Will most likely come from relics/forts.
(he offers to show all the sets that he has on his HD during QA)

Vanity pets (*yawn*):
drumming bear, tzeetch familiars. Deciding on giving buffs or not like with speed/scrounging pets (hopefully not).

Recap:
Last year spent time on expansion, boosters, content, ORVR revamp.
This patch spending time on tweaking ORVR alittle more, more C&C love, fixing bugs.
Going forward, concentrate on putting forts back in, new SC designs, using alot of stuff they have in reserve that never made it live.

I hope thats decent enough summary of the presentation till the transcript is made, but is pretty much all the details. Ill make a post for the QA next.

c'est pas la mer a boire mais c est deja pas mal.

QA:

Q: You call this new stuff, its old stuff revamped, wheres the new contents at? The game is slowly dieing. We only got 400 people on each servers. 4 servers left. Badlands is dead. people are flocking over to gorfang. Why dont you add a new race, new map, you guys add new RVR accessories, LOTD is completely dead, no need for TOVL. (something mumbled, people laugh, i think he said "which is a good thing"). But im saying like, the game is dieing, it needs new content. And you guys are just bringing back old stuff.
A: We are bringing in old content that has new purposes to bring people there and give them stuff to do. We do have some new content we're putting in. And tbh with you, we dont have the resources to do things like whole new race or class which needs an entire 40lvls worth of stuff.

Q: So where do you see the life of the game heading then?
A: continue to play with the die hard people of the game, continue to cater towards PVP and ORVR, people that enjoy that. put more content in there, whether its old content with new purpose or new content with new stuff to do. We will continue to cater to the people that enjoy the game. If you havent played it yet, we got the endless trial so you can basically play the first quarter of our game for free. Games like this will continue to be supported as long as we have people to play it. We have UO which has been going 14 years now, still getting new content. DAOC on its 10th anniversary, still getting new content. And we will continue to do the same for this[WAR]. *Weird static* This is why we come out here to show we still support this game. We're not gonna be able to do thingsl ike people ask for *weird static* we cant put in whole brand new instances and careers like that. but we'll continue to put in stuff you will hopefully like and keep people playing and new people coming in.

Q: Im a retired player, I've played from the beginning. And for me the most compelling battles out in the field were out in the open, not in a fortress, but it was running around with my group fighting other bands in the middle of the field. When I got to 40 and the fights became Im standing in a keep for an hour. I mean, you guys made some changes I probably havent seen, but do you guys have other plans to get the battle--I mean, I like the relic thing, because you're pushing people back out into the field, which was the BEST PART. Do you have any other thoughts?
A: One of the reasons we did the ORVR changes was because there was a zerg mentality. Whether we fixed that is debatable because some people just like playing that way. But the idea behind that was we wanted to instead of being a big ole zerg thing, it just didnt come out to a good fight, we made the BOs kind of strategic and taking them out, we build up the keeps now and we use those resources now to attack another keep to take it over. So the battles are little more focused. The reason we're continuing to add more content that is RVR focused whethers its SCs or Forts is to do just that, we want to keep people engaged in those battles because thats what people like.

Q: (really muffled) Something about opening LOTD to ORVR and Sylvania(?) or something (sorry)
A: We actually did some work I know we had some assets that we were trying, thats what were trying to point towards, thats some new assets we want to get in. We do have some stuff for (Sylvania?) that we just need to just figure out how we can get it in there. We want to do two things: Dont wanna do content that only a few people will see or only do once. We want to do things that will be repeatable and enjoyable so we can come back and do it more than once. If we just do another LOTD that you had to progress and get your stuff through it, theres still some potential for that zone that we can still look at. That is actually one of the places alot of people have pointed out and we've looked at internally where we can take LOTD and take some of that content, make it fresh and make it part of the PVP/ORVR experience. Like the Library in LOTD would make a great SC of its own. Some of the areas in TOVL would make some great SC play. I know some people have hinted to that, Its like, what if we opened up the whole area at any time that type of thing. Thats some of the things we're trying to make content accessable at any time.

Q: On the matter of open world PVP, I played DAOC for 8 years and the objective was always not so much just to kill people but to capture the fortresses. And the one way they did that really well at end game was not having those jump in 20minutes before work battle grounds, like i always felt while those were great, when you can spend 10 min to get 1000 rp, vs you know an hour out in the field, MAYBE to get 1000 rp. Then that one becomes obviously superior one and drives people into it. And in a game like WAR which is totally focused around that, I always viewed it at heart as a successor to DAOC, I always felt like having those SCs at the end game, that quick easy 10min for a big return vs an hour out in the field for potentially nothing. *something* DAOC vs 6v6 in WAR, by adding this new 6v6 SC you proceed the hardcore the 6v6ers abandoning roamers, in an effort to get quicker returns and potentionally, yes it would beef up competition, at the same time..the last time i subscribed, I went out into the field with a bunch of my friends, we did have a bunch of excellent 200v200, but as far as that 1 group roaming, there was none. And I feel like with the addition of this, that occasional encounter will turn to nothing when people see the immediate advantage to this.
A: There was some definitely less of an emphasis of BGs in DAOC and I know that they didnt come in completely yet with some additionals yet as they come along because I work on DAOC as well. And there wasn't as much as an emphasis on the BGs, they were there, they were kinda fun, but I think the core element of the game was just the roaming around. And we'd like that to be the case in WAR and we try to gauge it, but there are enough people that like the idea of the "I just wanna get in for the 15min and have fun". Now what comes of this as part of what you were saying is the reward vs time type thing and that is something we're trying to tweak and trying to make sure is correct..if somebody really likes ORVR but they FEEL that the reward of doing something else is better, unfortunately we'll find they'll do the thing that is less enjoyable. Which is yanno seems kinda counter intuitive, but the reward becomes the big thing in their head. So trying to find a good balance of that is tough and we're trying to work on that. So if people have suggestions for that, its a great idea for a discussion on the forums. but things like that really really play, we see alot of things like that, that the idea that there is a reward out there that will make people play ALOT differently than you'd expect even from what they enjoy. The reward is apparently more enjoyable atleast in the long run. Followup?

Q: In DAOC, Ive played alot of MMOs since DAOC, trying to find something to fill that gap in my heart. And people say Rift is just like it, an evolution of DAOC, I wont comment on that, but what I will say is that so many people were upset at Trion Worlds because they felt that their game would be so much better if they just employed ONE keep for their BGs. Like DAOC style one keep and yanno I always used to love the BGs when that was put in. That was like my goto PVP location, when no one was there, you could kill some mobs, you get more XP, has that ever occured in WAR? is it possible to redesign SCs to be more like, yanno, you can still get that 10-15min in, it'll just be like the end game, just faster paced, more central, easier to get into, faster, because theres that *noise* you're still in there to get that keep.
A: Cant really comment on rift because tbh I havent played it, but i know steven has enjoyed some of it, but we actually had some people that worked at Mythic that actually worked at Trion Worlds, and was helping out *something mumbled*, but anyways, so the point is, as far as things we wanted to do that we can talk about, we actually had some discussions on the forums and we've been throwing around some ideas that goes into the idea of Alternate SCs. Is taking concepts from the game, whether that is just a keep take, or tbh making an instance encounter that is like hoarde mode that is one realm against a bunch of pve, very much like instance version of a PQ. Doing different things with the content that will give those people that just want those 15min fun. Vs the wandering around, like kind of keep the essence of what ORVR is. We do have plans for that, I dont have anything specific I can share yet.

(11:30 out of 34:14, damn this is going to take awhile >.<)

Q: I have a couple.. For the follow up with the day 1 DAOC player thats played awhile. So one of the problems with instances in WAR, WOW, all the games since DAOC, DAOC instances or BGs were a single static instance. it wasnt a timed even that was team based, it was you go in there and it was miniature RVR, and that was what was great about it. While the timed instance, you have a specific goal, its not the same. Repition, you're in there, whack the mole, get your points, times up, go back in, whack the mole. It wasn't attack the keep, the middle, a personal preference thing. A bigger question (where did the first one go?), is mythic looking at any games in the future, developing anything else, or is it just warhammer and thats it? I've been to Mythic HQ, Ive done the personal player meets, met all the old people back in the day, such a great thing then, now its kind of *static*.
A: Now see..I dont think I can answer this without saying too much Im not supposed to say... We are gonna continue to support our legacy products. But that is not all what we're about. We are constantly looking towards the future. We have done some things in the past like, with Warhammer we did a (muffled, parody?) for awhile. But, we're going to continue to look for ways we can embrace whats going on in the markets, whats fun, enjoyable, so yes you will see some more stuff eventually, I cant really give any details yet.

Q: One more minor question, sorry, DAOC origin server, they talked about for awhile, pre-New Frontiers, which what ruined the game, any chance of that coming about..?
A: I would say obviously no, I was around there during that event, it was a very interesting time. I was not familiar with it. We did alot of changes in the core game of DAOC over the years where it just kind of evolves and like any game, people still had some fondness for how the game played at the beginning vs how it eventually became. And one thing we wanted to do was bring back a server that was very much like when the game launched. Unfortunately because of alot of things that are going on, resource conflicts, and alot of other things I dont even remember.. (different dev)It was you know, we were trying to launch WAR, trying to balance out 2 projects at the same time. Because you know an origin server, I remember it as red dragon, because that was the proposal, I remember doing alot of work on that. (back to james) We weighed alot of things, it was alot of internal things, whether we thought we'd get enough people on it to make it viable or what the resources would be, and ultimately, with the way things are I REALLY can't see that happening, Sorry.

Q: What was behind the decision not to have a presence on the showfloor in an effort to bring back those lost players?
A: If you did notice in the little booklet you would notice we had alittle booth setup for us and that was *something*. Usually, when we've come to these the last few years, we've actually done it in this format, because when we've done shows where we were on the floor, it was a very odd thing because people would be going around, doing other things and come in in trickles, and you get just alittle of what people would hear and they would never get that overlap. In these situations, we can get people that interested, and we can get them in one place and we can get people that ask specific questions and then they bring out other questions like "oh hey, Id kind of like to hear about that or didnt even think about asking that". And we get alot of more interaction that we get through doing a presentation and Q/A, and giving out stuff vs the random..so..

Q: (followup)But don't you think you're missing somebody though? Like those people that have nobody that have no idea you came to here, even just the little kids that walk by the booth, you're gonna boost people that play it just by having a guy at a table that has tshirts and stickers or stuff.
A: Its a good idea, we just found that as far as getting to the people that play or the people that have played, this works alot better. It also depends a bit on the event and the clientel, yes there are some people that havent heard about it even if its this event. When we've gone to some of the bigger conventions, we've sometimes had those, it depends on where we're going and what we can get out of people. We always found atleast at gamesday we've gotten alot of good feedback from these concentrated efforts. Infact they wanted us to do 2 sessions but then we start spreading people out and start giving people choices where to go, you never got quite as good as the interaction as we wanted.

Q: Kind of what he was going off, if you want to get new players.. T2 and T3 are dead. And alot of new players that play the endless trial get this sense of alot of action, because there is alot of action in the ORVR, and then NOTHING till you get to T4. And if its like a new player, it could be 2 weeks or longer of game play when they could lose interest completely. Any possibility of extending the endless trial to T2?
A: We've gone back and forth on several of ways to approach that. Theres 2 schools on that thought. One of the things that the endless trial we did for it, we concentrated everyone in the first tier in a single racial pairing and we kept everyone into one confined area, so there was always a good population and people didnt feel disconnected to the world. We didn't necessarily keep them from the rest of the world, we just concentrated them there because people have fun together. We looked at potentially doing similar things in T2 and T3 where we concentrate what the action is. We've also looked at potentially doing T2 and T3 as part of the endless trial or having ways you can go in there. Both have advantages and disadvantages, and both have problems with it. Much like we did the endless trial, we found that people were playing the endless trial, especially people that kept on playing it just became very powerful and we had to make some changes and tweak that (by making them exclusively powerful >.>). Same kinda thing if we open it up to T2 and T3, we dont wanna do it where people get to be the best of T2 and T3 and people just playing through and leveling up just get decimated by them (save that for T4). So theres alot of things that play in on that but we have looked at both. We havent made a decision what would be best in that regard, but did you guys have thoughts on that, which did you guys think would be better? Concentrated and keep it once go or playing the game into more populated areas (player talks over dev) I wouldnt know if theres enough of a population if you made the endless trial go through T2 if that would just half the population of people in T1 and then its not enough, but then if you just like just cap it at a low T3 level, the twinking wouldnt be possible, Im not sure about that but I dont know if the populations would allow for a spread out people, but atleast subscribers would have fun with their alts again. I mean people really just play in T1 or T4 (back to Dev) We've also toyed with the idea of keeping people that actually play the game to play within the tiers so they can actually play, some of the people say that some of their best fights were in some certain zones and they'd love to stay within T2 or T3 and play at certain keeps or certain zones.

Q: Couple questions, how long before *very muffled*, is there any possible plans in opening up the rest of the zones in T1 for endless trials, if you're not looking to have people goto other zones, rotating the zones?
A: We looked at rotating them as one of the possibilities when we first did it. Theres two problems in that we didn't want to have a bunch of people going into t1 and then having people shift over and these people become a lot less and then more over here. It felt much more natural if everyone had the same starting plot that was very familiar. We let people that are paying that visit that content. One particular problem in opening it up to anybody, is that we do spread out that population, especially trial users, we want to keep them together to get what the game is about. If we sent them off to who knows where in the greenskin area, the more chance they might not come back and have some fun.

Q: (follow up) You guys have any plans as far as advertising at all or its one of those banner ads or gaming ads?
A: We get this one every time too, unfortunately, atleast at our level, we don't get to decide this one. We get to suggest the same thing that you guys do, the more people we get out there, seeing the game. its one of the reasons we made the endless trial in the first place is that we could just get more people playing and have more chance of getting people in it. When we did the endless trial we made it a streaming client so that people could get into the client much faster so that it was a gig d/l instead of 6-8 before that. So we made alot of accessability things that we could do on our end. But unfortunately alot of the marketing budgets and that type of resources and advertising is above us. We'd love to say we could get more people in with advertising, but that is higher level decisions, sorry.

(Btw sorry if any of this is incorrect, its my interpretation and its late so I might make some mistakes. xD)
Non, justement, ils disent qu'ils feront des ajouts pour UO / DAoC, mais pas WAR (qui, lui, n'aura que des mises à jour banales).
Citation :
We have UO which has been going 14 years now, still getting new content. DAOC on its 10th anniversary, still getting new content. And we will continue to do the same for this[WAR].
http://www.yentang.com/blog/uploaded_images/simpsons_nelson_haha2-761053.jpg
Citation :
Publié par Ulgen
1.4.4 (planned for aug30th, but may get pushed back a week):

the planned RDPS buffs. (Engi (and Magus?), SW and hopefully SH? No confirmation on any SH love =/ poor gobbos)
on sait de quel type de buff ils parlent ?
Citation :
Publié par Barrakh
Put...n t'es revenu toi?
jamais vraiment parti mon p'tit coco , juste plus trop sur KN les soirées a 5vs bus sa va vite fait. je squatte avec le GIGN et mit sur BL

sinon pour pas torp faire hors sujet, bon ben troll, fixed, les 4pages de mecs qui unsub sur le forum, fixed!!! xD
Citation :
Publié par elarial
jamais vraiment parti mon p'tit coco , juste plus trop sur KN les soirées a 5vs bus sa va vite fait
c'est vrai que tu as + l'habitude d'être dans la faction qui bus
patience pour les fan de Warhammer... patience jusqu'en 2013 pour WAR 40K

Et peut etre, un jour, un nouveau mmo sur warhammer JDR/battles, celui ci étant au point mort

patience..... arf je l'ai deja dis,mais ca fait toujours 10 sec de moins a attendre
Apperement ils disent qu ils ont un truc sur la sylvanie. Une zone avec les comtes vampires ?

citation :

Audience Member – You guys opened up the Land of the Dead for RvR and stuff. Do you have any plans to do Sylvania?

JC – We actually did some work and I know we had some assets that we were trying to…that’s part of what we’re pointing towards with new assets that we’re trying to get in. We do have some stuff for Sylvania that we just need to figure out how we can fit it in, get it in there. We want it to do two things. We don’t want to do content that only a few people are going to see or that you only see once. We want to do things that are going to be repeatable and enjoyable so that you come back and do it more than once. If we just did another LotD where you kind of progress and get your stuff through it, there is a potential for that Zone that we can still look at and that a lot of people have pointed out and we’ve been looking at internally where we can take Land of the Dead, take some of that content, and make it fresh and make it part of the PvP/Open RvR experience. Like we were talking about just the Library in LotD would make a great Scenario on its own. Some of the actual Tomb of the Vulture Lord would make some great Scenario play. I know people are getting into that…well, what if we open up the whole area at any time…that kind of thing. There’s things we’re looking at to make content more accessible in that fashion.

l'espoir renait dans mes yeux de fan delaissé.....

Comment avoir accès a un univers pareil et avoir fait si peu. TDM était une bonne idée, j'avais bien aimé et j'y retournes souvent rien que pour le plaisir de basher des squelettes.

Mais il y avait de quoi faire un équivalent de TDM tous les 6 mois.

Le manque de moyen, la logique de profit sont les principaux responsables de l'état dans lequel est ce MMO aujourd'hui.

Je continues a jouer parce que tabasser du gob ca n'a pas de prix, mais il faut admettre que laisser un univers pareil complétement sous exploité ça me gâche le plaisir.
Citation :
Publié par Krazin
Pour ma part, au contraire ce passage sur la silvanie m'a rendu morose.
Je suis toujours MJ a Warhammer JDR, et quand je vois la richesse de cet univers et que je regardes a nouveau WAR, je reste dubitatif.

Comment avoir accès a un univers pareil et avoir fait si peu. TDM était une bonne idée, j'avais bien aimé et j'y retournes souvent rien que pour le plaisir de basher des squelettes.

Mais il y avait de quoi faire un équivalent de TDM tous les 6 mois.

Le manque de moyen, la logique de profit sont les principaux responsables de l'état dans lequel est ce MMO aujourd'hui.

Je continues a jouer parce que tabasser du gob ca n'a pas de prix, mais il faut admettre que laisser un univers pareil complétement sous exploité ça me gâche le plaisir.
suis d'accord avec toi, mais quand tu vois ce que games n'en a rien à foutre de son background avec les règles et addon récents sur son jeu de figs, tout ça pour des faire des thunes, tu comprends bien que pour ce qui est du jeu vidéo ...
Citation :
Publié par Ulgen
Apperement ils disent qu ils ont un truc sur la sylvanie. Une zone avec les comtes vampires ?

citation :

Audience Member – You guys opened up the Land of the Dead for RvR and stuff. Do you have any plans to do Sylvania?

JC – We actually did some work and I know we had some assets that we were trying to…that’s part of what we’re pointing towards with new assets that we’re trying to get in. We do have some stuff for Sylvania that we just need to figure out how we can fit it in, get it in there. We want it to do two things. We don’t want to do content that only a few people are going to see or that you only see once. We want to do things that are going to be repeatable and enjoyable so that you come back and do it more than once. If we just did another LotD where you kind of progress and get your stuff through it, there is a potential for that Zone that we can still look at and that a lot of people have pointed out and we’ve been looking at internally where we can take Land of the Dead, take some of that content, and make it fresh and make it part of the PvP/Open RvR experience. Like we were talking about just the Library in LotD would make a great Scenario on its own. Some of the actual Tomb of the Vulture Lord would make some great Scenario play. I know people are getting into that…well, what if we open up the whole area at any time…that kind of thing. There’s things we’re looking at to make content more accessible in that fashion.

l'espoir renait dans mes yeux de fan delaissé.....
non non non on y croit plus a tout ce qui "pourrais" etre inséré dans war.
stop de remuer le couteau dans la plaie : Univers franchement peu exploité avec WAR, et qui aurait mérité 10 fois mieux que ce WAR la !
La faute à qui, tout ça finalement?
A des grosses boites telles que EA ou Blizzard pour qui le plaisir du joueur n'est qu'un vague argutie au profit de la rentabilité. Ouelcome in real world
J'ai même lu que pour Diablo3 il allait mettre en place un système ou tu pourras vendre tes items contre de l'argent bien réel
What else?
Citation :
Publié par Calhynn
J'ai même lu que pour Diablo3 il allait mettre en place un système ou tu pourras vendre tes items contre de l'argent bien réel
What else?
Ca va créer des emplois, trop fort Blizzard
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés