Classement d'IGN des jeux les plus attendus de 2005

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Ce post aurait plus sa place sur le salon je dirais .

Sinon, classement assez intéressant même si ce n'est pas du tout la liste que j'aurais donné

(à noter la présence de 3 MMORPGs dans ce classement ce qui dénote d'une tendance en évolution par rapport à il y a quelques années)
Citation :
Genre: First-person Shooter
Developer: Digital Extremes
Publisher: Groove Games
Why?: It looks like a cross between UT2004 and Halo, and right there, I'm on board. The Unreal thing makes sense, considering it's developed by Digital Extremes, who are also working on the next-gen Dark Sector. As a PC gamer, I'm weak for shooters, and the weapon upgrade scheme being integrated into multiplayer, plus Digital Extemes' famed MP capabilities, makes for a very compelling title. Lord knows I played UT2K4's Onslaught Mode until my fingers bled.

9) Hitman: Blood Money
Genre: Stealth Action
Developer: IO Interactive
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Why?: I got Hitman 2: Silent Assassin many moons ago, a game thrown in a Soundblaster Live 5.1 retail box. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. This game was pretty damn awesome. It beat the crap out of me without breaking a sweat, but, unlike so many other games that have beaten me into frustration, I kept coming back for more punishment. Now with Blood Money, 47 will earn cash for his missions, and that money goes towards weapons and further mission choices. He won't have the support network of his agency, from the sounds of it, which could be really exciting. Let's just hope there aren't any more snow-swept sniper towers. I found those rather vexing.

8) F.E.A.R.
Genre: First-person Shooter
Developer: Monolith
Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games
Why?: I'm astounded by the stress test in the multiplayer beta recently. I didn't think something that could challenge Half-Life 2 visually would come along so soon. But F.E.A.R. did that. It also gave my Radeon 9800 Pro a grand mal seizure, so maybe Valve was onto something. Either way, it looks gorgeous and has that supernatural thing I'm a sucker for. Spooky ghosts that slice and dice people with the power of their ghostly minds--what could be better? Well, maybe a Ghostbusters game, but I can't have everything.

7) Dungeons & Dragons Online
Genre: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing
Developer: Turbine
Publisher: Atari
Why?: Honestly, I don't know how many MMOs I can handle, but it's D&D, man. I've had a jones for the game world ever since those Baldur's Gate games ruined me for an RPG that was anything less than excellent. I don't know how D&DO is going to pan out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really curious. If it was like Baldur's Gate, but in 3D and persistently online, with me wandering through all those places I've RPGed my way through, I might just stay a while and see how things turn out.

6) The Movies
Genre: Simulation/Strategy
Developer: Lionhead Studios
Publisher: Activision
Why?: Ah, Peter Molyneux. A man with some fascinating and innovative game ideas who can flex his gaming brain in a time of industry consolidation, sequelitis, and franchise flogging, and movie license hoo-ha. (I'm looking at you, Uwe Boll. End the madness.) Well, Peter's managed to wrangle another fine idea from a relatively unlikely place, and might be setting himself up as the Will Wright of the studio lot. Quite impressive, since there doesn't seem to be a lot that the Sims and its expansion ilk haven't covered by now.

5) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Genre: Action
Developer: Rockstar North
Publisher: Rockstar Games
Why?: The behemoth franchise will return to our computer screens again this summer. Once a mainstay of the PC, they gravitated over to the PS2 for GTA3 and was reborn. Its had very impressive sales momentum since its release last year, but will everyone and their dog owning a copy end up hurting a port? Only time will tell, but you know I'm going to pick up a copy.

4) Guild Wars
Developer: ArenaNet
Publisher: NCsoft
Why?: Next on the MMO list is Guild Wars, although it's not really massively multiplayer, or persistent, for that matter. It's more a spiritual successor to Diablo II than anything else, and it has some shiny visuals, to boot. Then there's that crazy streaming client that should do a great job of providing content immediacy. Oh, and did I mention that there's going to be no monthly fee? As long as I don't have to battle demons in a digital Wal-Mart for ArenaNet to pay the bills, I can't complain.

3) City of Villains
Developer: Cryptic Studios
Publisher: NCsoft
Why?: As inviting and easy to get into as World of Warcraft is, it still doesn't have the seamless group orientation of City of Heroes. Nor can you fly around or clear tall buildings in a single bound. There's just something about being a superhero that you can't approximate anywhere else. Then there's the fantastic character creation system. So where else can you go? Well, turn the tables and be a villain.

2) The Suffering: Ties That Bind
Genre: Action
Developer: Surreal Software
Publisher: Midway
Why?: Last year's The Suffering was a pleasant surprise, offering intriguing characterization, genuinely spooky production values, a compelling story, satisfying action, and some thrilling set pieces. I really had the impression of the game being conceived of as a whole, like something that had been percolating for years before it finally got designed. I also like how they manage to infuse a strong supernatural element and a disturbing aura into what have could easily ended up as a hollow gore-fest. Hopefully the developers will be given the same freedom as before, and use this opportunity to up the ante in certain ways like Max Payne 2 or Half-Life 2.

1) Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Genre: Stealth Action
Developer: Ubi Soft Montreal
Publisher: Ubi Soft
Why?: Sam Fisher. What I like about him is that he's not some cheesy tough guy or anti-hero. Not that these roles as bad as a whole, but it's apparently difficult for a game to pull of the subtleties required. I've always liked the Splinter Cell series, but I was a little turned off by the trial-and-error nature of the last installment. Dying my way through a game isn't my idea of a good time, so it's good to hear that Chaos Theory is supposed to be doing away with this mechanic. Sam will now be able to fight his way out when the fit hits the shan. Woot!
Précisons qu'il ne s'agit pas d'un classement mais des jeux attendus par trois des membres d'IGN:

- celui donné en lien est celui de Tom, avec dans l'ordre du numéro 10 au numéro 1:
Pariah
Hitman: Blood Money
F E A R
D&D Online
The Movies
GTA: San Andreas
Guild Wars
City of Villains
The Suffering: Ties that Bind
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

- celui de Steve:
Gary Grigsby's World at War
Middle Earth Online
Dragonshard
Call of Chtulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Imperial Glory
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Freedom Force vs The Third Reich
Ages of Empire III
Battlefield II

- celui de Dan:
Gothic III
City of Villains
Call of Chtulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Warhammer 40 000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
Dreamfall: the Longest Journey
Starwars: Empire at War
F E A R
Civilization IV
Ages of Empire III
Battlefield II
Citation :
Publié par LòóSHA
Mis à part The Movies, c'est affreusement pauvre et convenu
On a énormément de suites....

Bo-ring !
ça fait 15 ans qu'on a des suites...les jeux sont-ils moins bons pour autant ?
Citation :
Publié par Guybrush_SF
ça fait 15 ans qu'on a des suites...les jeux sont-ils moins bons pour autant ?
Disons qu'un Civilization 4 après les trois premiers volets, Colonization et Call to power 1 et Call to power 2 ça commence à faire beaucoup, surtout quand les innovations ne sont pas légions...
Je préférerais largement une suite à Alpha Centauri, qui était plus original que les suites de Civilization.

Même chose pour Age of Empire: le deuxième n'apportait pas grand chose par rapport au premier, et Age of Mythology ressemblait beaucoup à un remake de AoE 1.

Ensuite Oblivion peut être intéressant, sauf que primo je n'aime pas le système de "MMORPG solo" à la Morrowind, et secundo les jeux qui mettent en avant des super graphismes qui demandent de changer sa config ont tendance à prodigieusement m'agacer, surtout que Guild Wars montre bien qu'on peut faire un beau jeu qui tourne sur les petites configs...

En fait celui qui m'intrigue c'est celui inspiré de Lovecraft, s'il pouvait être dans la même veine qu'Alone in the Dark premier du nom...

Voir Middle Earth Online dans ce classement me fait rigoler, vu que ce jeu est annoncé depuis des années, et ne cesse d'être reculé, avec des changements profonds dans les orientations choisies... C'est un peu le Duke Nukem for Never des MMORPG...

Imperial Glory me tente bien aussi, mais j'ai peur de voir un remake en 3D d'Age of Empire I...
Citation :
Publié par Trouveur
Disons qu'un Civilization 4 après les trois premiers volets, Colonization et Call to power 1 et Call to power 2 ça commence à faire beaucoup, surtout quand les innovations ne sont pas légions...
Je préférerais largement une suite à Alpha Centauri, qui était plus original que les suites de Civilization.
Y aura au moins un changement 'technique' pour Civilization 4, le jeu passe en 3D avec le moteur du dernier Pirates!
Pourquoi pas après tout....

Citation :
Publié par Trouveur
Même chose pour Age of Empire: le deuxième n'apportait pas grand chose par rapport au premier, et Age of Mythology ressemblait beaucoup à un remake de AoE 1.
La encore on a vu que des captures d'écrans, c'est assez beau...maintenant le système de jeu ça a l'air d'être du AoE...pour le peu d'infos qu'on a eu

Citation :
Publié par Trouveur
Ensuite Oblivion peut être intéressant, sauf que primo je n'aime pas le système de "MMORPG solo" à la Morrowind, et secundo les jeux qui mettent en avant des super graphismes qui demandent de changer sa config ont tendance à prodigieusement m'agacer, surtout que Guild Wars montre bien qu'on peut faire un beau jeu qui tourne sur les petites configs...
Ouais c'est plutôt une démonstration technique de la Xbox2 ^^
Bien qu'il n'ai pas encore été annoncé

Citation :
Publié par Trouveur
Imperial Glory me tente bien aussi, mais j'ai peur de voir un remake en 3D d'Age of Empire I...
En fait c'est un remake de Rome Total War avec des combats navals et des fusils ^^

Citation :
Publié par Daxionan
Sauf 2 ou 3, un joli tas de navets en puissance quand même
Vive la provocation gratuite, hein ?
Pour Civ, on va me traiter de vieux con, mais je viens de retrouver le 2 sur un abandonware et ça poutre aisément le 3.

Ha, le plaisir de cliquer sur "voir cité" et de voir sa ville évoluer au gré du temps
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés