Interview TV Norvégienne (version gold)

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
A 14 min y as une info consernant la version gold a la date du 8 avril j ai pris le poste sur le forum off je vous colle tous ca.Une aide d'un traducteur norvégien serais la bienvenue http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=62564

traduction lien http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/sho...?t=1627&page=3
stole this writeup by someone in the AoC forum http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Computer: "Ho ho ho, merry christmas everyone"

Gaute: "Yes this is probably one of the first games we made in Funcom. It is about 15 years since we started the enterprise, and then we made this. This you can run on your mobil. This was super hightech back then of course."

Interviewer: "Can you tell us about how funcom started?"

Gaute: "We were a gang of game enthusiasts, 4-5 people that started and we quickly became 10-15 and no one were educated in games. We were just very much into it and we didn't know how difficult it was to start an enterprise and then it was done. In the beginning we pretended we had an enterprise and we got many American publishers to come and visit and we just sat down around the tables and pretended that we could a lot about this. And they gave us money and then we learned what we had pretended that we could earlier. And that was the enterprise grew really fast, we became 100 people after just 2 years."

Den Lengste Reisen - The Longest Journey screen cuts in

Gaute: "And obviously be knew very much, because it has gone really well.

From The Longest Journey: "Do you mean that my dreams are real?"

Interviewer: "Can you tell us about how well it have gone?"

Anarchy Online Screen cuts in

Gaute: "Yes, it have gone very well in terms of the size of the enterprise."

Dreamfall screen cuts in

Gaute: "We have 270 employees we have a department in China and in the USA, but we haven't earned a lot of money. So we are hoping that that is going to happen, the reason for most enterprises to exist is of course to earn money, so we hope we will manage that with Conan, to get a chance to earn something for all the money that have been invested in us throught the years."

Interviewer: "How have the gaming business changed since you have started?"

Gaute: " The gaming business is very entertaining because it goes in a cycle. It repeats itself after a while and the same things come again."

Pochahontas screen cuts in

Gaute: "But the trend is that what we make the games on, it be PC or consoles, they become stronger and stronger and can preform better and better."

Screen from some racing game cuts in

Gaute: "Better graphics,"

Age of Conan screen cuts in

Gaute: "better sound etc. and it has become much more difficult to make the game on these different consoles. In the beginning the different games costed 7000-8000 NOK (ca. 1400-1600 $ with todays currency) today it costs several hundred millions to make the largest games and you need much more education and team, the Conan Team is 130 people today. it takes much longer time, it takes several years, 5 years. In the beginning it took about 5 months to about a year to make a game. So everything is more complex and much larger and more expensive but it's about the same things we do when we create entertainment for people based on eye-hand coordination, or that you must think and solve tasks.

Interviewer: "We who grew up with Legend of the Red Dragon and Monkey Island felt like we were in those games, is it really necessary with so realistic graphics?"

Gaute: "It is like it is with TV, is it really necessary to have HD TV? Is it necessary to have 1008 P or colours for the sake of that, there are many who thinks back to the days with black and white and think that it was back then it was good programs but in reality when you get a taste on the new you don't want to go back and that is how it is with all technology and the games follow that technological evolution. I want to challenge you who have played Red Dragon and Monkey Island to try to play it today, you won't be able take it, I garantee you. Don't do it let the memmories stay there as something you can think back on and talk about with your grand children."

Interviewer: "You are the only one left of the 5 who started, why did the others quit?"

Gaute: "That is for a bit different reasons, but the main reason I have remained even thought we didn't have the economical success is probably because I just want to make games, so I have been the product man and have focused on what I have made and had a lot of fun on the way and therefore have had fun even though we haven't had a big economical success.But it is really complex why people dissappear in the course of a start like that. For example the enterprise grows away from you, the reason that you started the enterprise is because you were really good at something but then there were someone who were a lot better than you and then you have to evolve and change position and in a way give up on something to allow the enterprise to live instead of that you live and control. And there are people who change interests and a bit conflicts and fights and such connected to earlier mentioned issues."

Interviewer: "Have you ever thought about quitting?"

Gaute: "I have thought about quitting, but as long as I have a good time and as long as I are allowed to do what I love to do and feel like I evolve and have fun at work everyday, then I will choose to continioue and of course I am proud of what I have been working on as well."

Interviewer: "What are your relationship to the stock exchange?" (Taken directly from tritrans.com *cough cough*)

Gaute: "That is a complicated relationship, but the best thing that have happened to funcom is that we was notated in the stock exchange." (God if someone knows what "Børs" is in english, tell me)

Gaute: "and was allowed to get so much investor money as we have, have allowed us to make those games that we always have wanted to make, so I love the stock exchange for that. What is incredibly difficult is what you can't say and what you must say and how you shall react to something and how much screaming it becomes when I do my job, my job is to make the best game possible and that can delay your project and suddenly there are someone who have lost 2-3 millions."

stock exchange chart appears

Gaute: "So on the topic of my relationship to the stock exchange, it is really good to get investor money and it is very difficult with expectations and marked and the information they must have and the rules, it is a nightmare without equal. But it is good."

Interviewer: "How big will funcom become?"

Gaute: "I think that funcom will keep growing and evolve as long as we have ideas and visions about how we shall do things better and different. Currently it doesn't look like there is any limitations to that we have incredibly many people who work here, incredibly many people in Scandinavia who wish to work with gaming and people that let themself be inspired by making computer games. And we like making online games which we began doing very early, we have been doing that for over 10 years and it is very few who have done that and gives us an edge on the competition and because of that I think we will reach success and then we can continioue to evolve and grow for those reasons."

Interviewer: "How many do you hope that will buy that game?"

Gaute: "Now we are back on the problem with the stocking exchangem that is information that I cannot comment. The amount of people that we think will buy the game will affect the course of the stockings and it is based on information that I maybe got but other don't have so I can't comment that. Of course we hope that it will be several houndred thousand players that will buy Conan and play it and I think that based on the interest that the pre-ordering sale have that it looks like it will become good, but I don't want to give any more accurate answers."

Interviewer: "There are many people that already have signed up on your forums."

Gaute: "Yeah, beta testers and fan club members which is the two numbers we have made public together with the forum is over half a million. That is really funny and it shows that we make something that people like, if only on the paper and we will see how thinks goes when the game comes out."

Interviewer: "Why are there so much interest for Conan?"

Gaute: "For the first is Conan a massive multiplayer online game, and there it is such that the largest game in that category ever is World of Warcraft it is a social movement that the sociologists will talk about in a houndred years, it is the first time in history that people from all over the world was in one movement around a game. Conan is such a game but we do things different."

Screen from the December trailer cuts in

Gaute: But we do things different, we do things more mature, we appeal to other groups within the gaming community which mmogs not have appealed to yet. So to combine things from other games with the mmorpg we have managed to make something which is unique and new in a way and we have worked hard with the advistment and have managed to be recognized for what we are doing. But of course it is many stones on top of each other to manage that."

Interviewer: "You have worked with it for 5 years now, and you don't get any money for it until it is done of course, how have it been possible to keep it going for those 5 years?"

Gaute: "First of all have we had incredible visionary investors that were with us before we went to the stocking exchange. We owe them a lot, that they have seen funcom as a possibility all the time, even tho we haven't earned a lot of money and then we got noted down in the stocking exchange and then we got inverstor money which has allowed us to keep on going even tho we don't earn a lot of money. And of course we have other games that we earn money on, Anarchy Online, Dreamfall, The Longest Journey which still gives us money, so we aren't entierly without earnings."

Interviewer: "What games are Funcom going to create in the future?"

Gaute: "We are going to focus almost only on mmogs, mostly mmos but some online games too. Mainly because when you make a pc game for about every copy you sell, so is it created 10 pirate copies. And because of that, Funcom has choosen to focus on a genre without any pirate copying, which is online games because when people buy our game are they only getting half the game, the engine is on our servers and we control them so that when people play the games, we know that they have brought and payed for it. Which means that there are larger possibilities for growth than it is within traditional pc games and it is PC games we can, but in addition to that we want to work more with making console versions of our online games."

Interviewer: "Can you tell us about some of the games you are working on?"

Gaute: "Yes we have the secret world, in addition to Conan. It will be the biggest game that we will be working on after the release of Conan, it will be released 2-4 years after Conan.

December trailer cuts in again

Gaute: "When Conan is released, for us that is just one milestone on a long journey, we think that Conan can live 5-10 years after it's release. But then we will no longer be in the production phase but in operation. And then it will be a service we deliver and then it will be about giving the players the feeling that it is fun every day, and then we will make a few changes and upgrades and then we recive feedback from the players depending on what they want to see, so it will be more comunication with the players and I think that is just as fun as making the game, then you are sort of like a politican on a election and every day people vote by wheather they close their account and go somewhere else and that is really entertaining to be in such a discussion with the players to give them what they want.

Interviewer: "Why has it taken 5 years to make it?"

Gaute: "Because what we makes is a world it takes very long time to build every little rock, it's only god who does that on 7 days, we others have to use several years to make something so complex, all the large cities, all the caves, all the beautiful sand beaches and waves." (Note: The devs have stated that nothing in AoC is auto generated.)

Calendar countdown:
27-28 March: "GS-visit?"
1 April: (I can't read what it says)
8 April: "GOLD"
18-20 April: "Gamespot weekend"
1 Mai: "IGN: "Open Beta" (13)
12 Mai: "W.MON."
16 Mai: "Pre-order launch"
20 Mai: "LAUNCH"
Beer?
Beer?
Beer?
?
(Ohh my, no technical support then the 4 first days after launch..)

Interviewer: "Now it is 2 months till the release of Conan, can you promise that there won't be any other delays?"

Gaute: "It comes the 20th May, garanteed."
20 jours d'open beta ca parait tres court, vu l'attente autour de ce jeu, pour regler les eventuels problemes de connexion et de stabilité des serveurs. ca va etre le rush mais on ne va pas s'en plaindre
oula c'est de l'info en barre là ! (surtout quand on compare avec war en ce moment sur les meme sujets )

gold le 8 avril ..... donc a mon avis gros patch des la première connexion
open beta pour les membres payant d'ign (a mon avis) le 1 mai.
les precommande 4 jour avant (ce qui implique donc bien un telechargement possible avant de recevoir la boite )
Bon ba voila, sauf retournement de situation qui ferait mal (ou retour sur les declarations genre "mais non vous avez mal compris" lol), on est sur d'etre dans la dernère ligne droite, le report semble desormais ecarté definitivement.
Okiii !^^ je comprend mieux !

Pour moi une version gold c'était un peu comme une version collector ! Rien à voir quoi !

C'est pourquoi je ne comprenais pas ce que cela impliquait !
Citation :
Publié par vengefull
ué sympa, comme WAR a de forte chance de sortir vers la même date
on va assister a un beau match entres les 2 MMO les plus attendu de l'année
C'est beau de rêver
Citation :
Publié par vengefull
WAR dans la même date!!! M'étonnerai pas mal!
Citation :
Publié par Gargouille
C'est une version "capitaine abandonné" .
Je tenais à dire que ça m'a fait exploser de rire....de façon nostalgique ^^

Sinon ce sont en effet de bien chouettes infos.
Merci
Citation :
Publié par vengefull

M'étonnerais bien fort mais bon on est pas la pour parler de war mais bien de age of conan car lui sortiras bien cette fois ci en mai et on y est presque les gars!!!
remarque au cb pertinente....va falloir que je me degote un nouveau proc et une autre carte graph...parceque meme en dual core 64bits athlon 2,4ghz 4200 ou 600+ (jsuis pas sur mon pc la) et une 7900gtnividia c ptet trop light pour le faire tourner correctement (bien que je fasse tourner Oblivion sans aucun probleme et à fond )
IGN est un site où l'on peut dl des jeux et démo, et bien sur il y a un accès payant pour n'avoir ni file d'attente, ni limite de dl et souvent ils proposent des clé cd a leur membres lucratif.

Le fait d'avoir précommander impliquerais de pouvoir jouer 3 jour avant, c'est bien mais si on a en version dl le jeu on reçoit une boite ou pas, car ca reste pas mal si on doit formater le pc d'avoir un bon DVD pour réinstaller.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés