[ Mythic ] Grab Bag

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Tonight’s grab bag, on the wings of the storm:

Q: "I gathered the 50 Magical Scarab Wings that Tey wanted. He gave me the Magical Scarab Gloves, but when I put them on, the Cursed Scarab-wing Vest was nowhere to be seen. Is this encounter bugged?"

A: The answer from our Quest Lady-In-Waiting: ”The Cursed Scarab-wing Vest does not spawn when the player receives, nor does it spawn when the player equips the gloves. The Vest has its own independent spawn that works the same way as most monster spawns. And, like most artifact-related spawns, the Vest is a fairly rare spawn. Check Tey's camp from time to time, and you will eventually catch the Vest when it's up.”

Q: Will there be more character slots with the new expansion?

A: Yep, two more. No need to delete any alts.

Q: Did you change the agg range on the setians? First we thought it was just a fluke, but we got aggro from across clipping range. My group was very upset that the range was CLIPPING range.

A: I asked someone on the live team to investigate – we have not changed anything on the camp recently, and in her words, “no setians are set to have an aggression radius longer than a standard archer range.”We took a look, and the camp in question seems fine.

Now, anyone with ten minutes of experience with an MMORPG knows that sometimes things can go all hinky even without the developers changing anything. Therefore, our lady on the content team continues: “If you experience unusual aggression range or behavior by any mob, please file a bug appeal with the name of the monster, the /loc of the camp, and the zone so we can check for any problems.” I would also ask that you tell us what it used to be, as well as what it seems to be now.

Q: Is the camp bonus resetting to zero a bug that happened with the server room reorganisation, or can we expect that to happen every time the servers go down to be patched?

A: Right now, it’s not a bug. It really was designed to be that way, for a bunch of technical reasons having to do with memory and server storage and performance. However – we are investigating ways to streamline the process and record the information for all nine billion monsters when we have to take down the servers. I make no promises and give no ETA’s, but we have heard the feedback on the topic requesting the bonuses be saved, and are looking into it.

Q: Does Mastery of Focus, level 2, benefit my Minstrel when its instrument specialization is 50 + 11 + RR?

For example, since Stunning Below is a level 40 instant, and with Mastery of Focus level 2, I interpret the ability as meaning it will be assumed to be a level 49 instant when calculating resists.

The Major Cacophony is a level 44 shout, and with this ability I interpret the ability as meaning it will be assumed to be a level 50 instant when calculating resists.

I've read comments by other players stating that I would only benefit if my specialization was lower than 50, indicating that having 50 specialization in instruments has the same effect as Mastery of Focus 2 would have on someone with only 41 in instruments.

A: I really appreciate the detailed question with such clear examples, by the way, it vastly improves my odds of getting a good answer back from the team. Here’s what I got back from the Oracle when I sent him your question, and asked for the intent behind the design:

”Mastery of Focus in no way has anything to do with how you spec. It has everything to do with the level of a spell. Mastery of Focus 2 provides a nine level bonus to all spells, for resistance purposes. So his level 41 spell (with a power level of 41) would be boosted up to level 50 for resistance purposes - meaning that his level 41 spell would have just as much of a chance of landing on a level 50 enemy as a level 50 spell would. It really is that simple.

“So yes, the other players are "sort of" right. It caps at 50. Thus, if you have 50 specced in a line that has a level 50 spell at the top, that level 50 spell will be unaffected by Mastery of Focus, regardless of level, and that's because Mastery of Focus caps at level 50. The ability is intended to bring spells which are NOT already level 50 up to level 50 for resistance purposes.”

(I need to point out here that charms may not be entirely this straightforward, and should be considered an exception to the rule until I can do a column specifically on charms.)

Q: I recently had some keep supply chest keys pop in my inventory after taking a keep. I didn't notice them immediately and by the time I had, the keep had been taken back. If the keep is retaken by Hib can I still use these keys?

A: Our Item Mistress (who really needs a different nickname, considering how much more she does these days) replied, ”Yes, if you aren't able to use the supply chest keys before losing control of the keep, you will be able to use them later if your realm regains control.”

Q: What is used in determining if a shield style lands? I remember in a previous grab bag that shield has its own weapon skill. All tests I've seen show that landing a shield style seems to be determined by main hand weapon skill. Is this true?

A: That old grab bag is correct (shield styles use your shield skill level to determine hitting odds and damage). I can’t say one way or the other about the test you’re referring to, since I don’t know what kind of shield, what style, etc. If you get me specifics I can have the guys look into it.

Q: "Testudo. Free at RR5. Warrior with shield equipped covers up and takes 90% less damage for all attacks for 45 seconds. Can only move at reduced speed (speed buffs have no effect) and cannot attack. Using a style will break testudo form."

That is what your site says about the RR5 RA for warriors. I rvr with a small shield for many reasons, and when I try and use ML5 with a small shield, it says I must use a large shield for this ability. I was wondering if you were going to change this in the future.

A: No, the intent behind the design was that the warrior is crouching behind his large shield in the thick of battle. Here’s the actual quote from the designer: ”The idea is that they are hiding behind this big [honking] shield to protect themselves. Imagine someone with a tiny pie plate shaped small shield covering their face with it and trying to protect themselves from all attacks. :P”

I should apologize for the lapse in documentation. I’ll have it updated to reflect the large shield requirement.

Q: Can you reset the character copier so I can participate in Missy’s event on Pendragon tomorrow night?

A: Sure thing. Thanks for the reminder; we reset the copier this afternoon.

Q: I no longer have an item that my trainer is asking for. I remember receiving it, but not losing it. Is there anyway to get it back?

A: Yes. This is a classic example of a quest appeal. Says our Quest Lady in Waiting, “Yes, all the player needs to do is file an appeal saying they are missing the item. We'll replace it once we verify that the player needs it, (is entitled to it/earned it), and cannot get it again on his/her own.”

Q: Is there any benefit to "overspeccing" stealth? What I mean by this is having your effective stealth over whatever level you are, say 50 at level 50. Some say that overspeccing stealth does nothing, others say that it helps. Can you please tell me what exactly overspeccing stealth does, if anything. Thanks a bunch.

A: I sent this over to Code Ed to investigate from a server perspective. Here’s his reply: “In normal situations, the level of stealth skill (and the skill of the player trying to find you) affects the radius at which you will be detected by other players. The only restriction on this is that there are certain minimum and maximum radiuses, such that when someone is within the min radius, they will always see you and outside the max they will never see you in normal cases. So, depending on your skill and the player you are hiding from, overspeccing may get you closer to the minimum if you are not already there.”

My understanding from some players (meaning others will disagree) is that overspeccing makes such a tiny difference that it’s impossible to judge from the kind of tests that players generally run – it’s something you’d see only over long periods of time in controlled circumstances. But that faint difference does mathematically exist in the code, so if you’re the sort of player to whom it matters, go crazy.

Q: I am a stormlord and love casting my ML9 storm while tower or keep taking. The problem is, when I die and have to release, because the whole group got wiped, I am not able to port while the enemy is still getting hit by my storm. I have to zone out at CS and rezone so I can teleport.

So my question is: Is it possible to change this?

A: What you describe is listed as a bug on our list. I do not know when it will be fixed, but it is on the schedule.

Q: When you have two artifacts equipped that receive experience from a particular kill, ie. a lava beetle during the day, does the exp gain get halved due to both items getting exp?

A: Nope. Each equipped artifact just checks to see if something it can level from has died, and does the math on its own.
Source, et traduction en cours.
Traduction du Grab Bag :

Citation :
Tonight’s grab bag, on the wings of the storm:

L'apparition de la Veste de Scarabé Maudit n'est pas reliée au fait d'avoir glané les 50 ailes de scarabé, ou au fait de porter les gants magiques. Il s'agit d'une apparition rare, totalement indépendante.

Deux nouveaux emplacements pour des personnages seront disponibles à la sortie de Catacombs.

Le rayon d'aggro des Setiens n'est pas changé. Il est, au mieux, de la portée d'un tir à l'arc.
Toutefois, en cas de comportement douteux, faites un /loc, et faites suivre le problème à Mythic pour que ce soit vérifié.

Le bug de remise à zéro du bonus de camp n'en est pas réellement un. Il s'agit d'une nécessité technique pour les serveurs, pour affiner leur performance et le stockage de données. Toutefois, des modifications sont en cours pour voir si il est possible de faire en sorte de sauvegarder les bonus de camp d'une manière transparente.=

Mastery of Focus permet bien de changer le niveau de référence du sort ( avec un cap au niveau 50 ), permettant donc au sort d'atteindre plus souvent sa cible, et donc, d'être moins souvent résisté.
Ainsi, avec Mastery of focus 2, un sort de niveau 40 a le taux de résistances d'un sort de niveau 49.

( Une seule exception concerne les charmes de familiers, dont le fonctionnement peut différer )

Lors de la capture d'un fort, il arrive parfois qu'on obtienne une clé pour ouvrir l'un des coffres gardés dans le donjon. Toutefois, si le fort est repris avant que la clé soit utilisée, il est possible de l'utiliser sur ce même coffre, une fois que le fort aura de nouveau changé de propriétaire.

Nous confirmons que les boucliers utilisent bien la compétance bouclier pour déterminer les chances de toucher et les dégâts. ( Toutefois, les tests semblent montrer que ce WS serait en fait celui de l'arme en main droite. ) ( NDLR : Sanya semble confondre shield skill et Weaponskill. La question était de savoir si le Weaponskill était influencé aussi par le WS main droite, ce à quoi Sanya n'a pas répondu directement ).

Testudo ( RA RR5 du Guerrier ) ne fonctionne qu'avec un Grand Bouclier. C'est un choix de conception.

En cas de perte d'un objet nécessaire pour terminer une quête, un /appeal suffit à résoudre le problème, un CSR s'occupera de vous ( NDLR : sur les serveurs GOA, un passage par la FAQ permettra d'obtenir cet objet, ou au pire la réinitialisation de la quête ).

Il y a un léger gain à avoir plus de 50 en furtivité, car le rayon de détection augmente un peu au delà de 50.
Toutefois, ce gain est quasi insensible, et n'est pas réellement visible par des tests en jeu.

La ML9 Stormlord est en cours de correction, à cause de problèmes rendant impossible la téléportation lorsque des ennemis sont touchés par cette ML. C'est prévu, pas de date précise toutefois.

Lorsque vous gagnez de l'expérience simultanément avec plusieurs artefacts, l'expérience n'est pas divisée entre tous les artefacts. Ils gagneront normalement leur expérience.
Message supprimé par son auteur.
Voici la traduction correcte en ce qui concerne le furtivite (parfois si on comprend pas bien faut arreter de traduire, ca peut preter a confusion et creer de fausses rumeurs...) - il n'y a aucun rapport avec un gain dans le rayon de detection.

Voici la reponse de Code Ed (celui qui s'occupe du codage):

Citation :
Dans les situations normales, le niveau en furtivite (et l'aptitude du joueur essayant de te trouver) affecte LE RAYON AUQUEL TU SERAS DETECTE par les autres joueurs. La seule restriction a cela est qu'il y certains rayons minimum et maximum, tel que si on se trouve a l'interieur du rayon minimum, on te verra toujours et a l'exterieur du rayon maximum on pourra jamais te voir dans une situation normale. Donc, en fonction de ta competence et de celle du joueur duquel tu te caches, l'"overspec" pourrait te rapprocher plus du minimum SI ce n'etait pas le cas.
Maintenant le commentaire de Sanya (en gros poubelle):
Citation :
Je pense en ecoutant certains joueurs (ce qui veut dire que les autres ne seront pas d'accord) que l'"overspeccing" fait une si petite difference qu'il est impossible de juger avec les tests que les joueurs font en general - c'est quelque chose qu'on verrait uniquement sur des periodes tres longues et dans des circonstances controllees. Mais cette faible difference existe mathematiquement dans le code, donc si tu es le genre de joueur pour qui ca compte, lache toi.
Maintenant quelques explications pour ceux qui n'auraient pas tout compris. Augmenter le niveau en furtivite N'AUGMENTE EN AUCUN CAS LE RAYON DE DETECTION. On DIMINUE SEULEMENT LE RAYON DE DETECTION de celui qui nous cherche.

Le rayon minimum de detection est de 125 unites et est le meme pour tout le monde sauf les assassins pour lesquels est double (a cause de leur aptitude detect hidden). Le rayon maximum est le double du rayon minimum et constitue la distance a laquelle un furtif redevient invisible une fois qu'il a ete detecte. Ces valeurs sont les meilleures qu'on peut atteindre et sont atteintes quand notre niveau en furtivite est egal ou superieur au niveau de l'autre (du joueur).

Mais il y a des exceptions ou avoir au dela de son niveau en furtivite a un effet, c-a-d quand ces valeurs minimales des rayons de detection n'ont pas ete atteintes:
- premier cas - son niveau est inferieur a celui qui nous cherche (pve ou si on est pas encore lv50) - dans ce cas-ci avoir plus que notre niveau en furtivite sert tant que le niveau en furtivite ne devient pas superieur au niveau de l'autre (qd. le niveau minimum est atteint)
- deuxieme cas - "stealth lore" - c'est une variation du premier cas dans le sens que le niveau de celui qui cherche est augmente artificiellement; dans ce cas precis il n'y a pas moyen de diminuer au maximum le rayon de detection de l'autre vu que son "niveau" peut etre 85 (50+35) et le niveau max atteignable en furtivite est 71.
Citation :
Publié par Scarlet
(parfois si on comprend pas bien faut arreter de traduire, ca peut preter a confusion et creer de fausses rumeurs...)
(Bah, y'en a bien certains qui ne comprennent rien aux proba' et n'hésitent pourtant pas à affirmer des choses fausses.

Ceci dit, ta traduction est en effet plus complète que celle d'Aratorn, merci de l'avoir proposée.)
Citation :
Publié par Nof Samedisthjofr
(Bah, y'en a bien certains qui ne comprennent rien aux proba' et n'hésitent pourtant pas à affirmer des choses fausses.
Si t'es capable d'argumenter avec moi concernant les probabilites et les statistiques je t'invite a le faire en MP. Ce que tu fais ici c'est du pur trolling sans la moindre argumentation.

Sinon concernant ma traduction, le fait qu'elle soit complete est juste un detail. Son but est de mettre fin a la fausse rumeur qui consiste a dire que le niveau en furtivite augmente le rayon de detection. Merci quand meme d'avoir trouve un point positif...
Citation :
Publié par Scarlet
Si t'es capable d'argumenter avec moi concernant les probabilites et les statistiques je t'invite a le faire en MP. Ce que tu fais ici c'est du pur trolling sans la moindre argumentation.
En même temps Nof ne t'as pas visé directement, cela ne sert à rien de s'emporter comme ça.
je rebondis là dessus pour une question

Citation :
Lors de la capture d'un fort, il arrive parfois qu'on obtienne une clé pour ouvrir l'un des coffres gardés dans le donjon. Toutefois, si le fort est repris avant que la clé soit utilisée, il est possible de l'utiliser sur ce même coffre, une fois que le fort aura de nouveau changé de propriétaire.
Actuellement dans nos reliquaires il y a des salles closes (chambres au trésor) au dessus des portails. n'ayant participé qu'a des défenses de reliquaires j'aimerais savoir ce que renferme cette pièce. Vu qu'aucun de mes ennemis ne s'y est jamais attardé après avoir la relique en main
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés