TL report Theurgiste

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Bjr

Le Tl report de septembre vient de sortir qq un aurait il l'amabilité de le traduire svp

Amicalement
Pecspeedster Theurgiste impatient

Citation :
This report includes Mythic feedback in red.

****OVERVIEW****

The game has changed around theurgists. But theurgists themselves have barely changed and are now falling behind. There are many points brought up in all my previous TL reports to support this. Also, theurgists were once billed as siege, but now officially do not have that focus (or any official class focus) as of 1.62. Theurgists have received no new spells since release (except the absorb shield given to all cloth casters). The results are telling. Yet, theurgists still have the fewest spells of any cloth caster, any realm, and have had very few class-specific fixes. I quote this to indicate the class has a consistent history of proven poor performance in its current configuration, rather than this being a current development or recent revelation. This creates a long track-record of data proving changes are needed now, rather than taking any wait-and-see attitude to evaluate.

****CONCERNS****

"Self-sufficiency to survive RvR" - Theurgists have the lowest spell count of any cloth caster in game. Mythic has indicated awareness of their RvR point performance per-player. This data helps illustrate how "global" tools that went into other classes over the last year to keep groupmates standing are not working well enough for theurgists as a specific class. In addition to whatever new "across the board" measures are added to protect casters, theurgists need class-specific survivability additions to bring them up to par. So they don't continue to simply lag behind the curve. Various cc and other reductions over the years need to be replaced, with corresponding survival cababilities put into the theurgist spec templates themselves; not implanted into other classes that went unharmed by the reductions. This report includes some options.

Theurgists overall need some help, including in the survivability category. We're expecting to get in a couple changes into 1.65 that should help, but this won't be the last time we address the class.

"Spell resists" - Resists are now out of line with the original balancing done for healing or casting classes. It was noted in 1.62 TL report replies that this will be addressed in some way soon. But since the issue still remains open, I still must record it here until it is removed as a balance-proposal blocker.

We've found and fixed a bug that was causing some unnatural resists in some situations. We are also planning a Theurg specific change that will affect resists(see below).

"Lack of role" - Now without any class "focus" to drive the addition of spells to complete their long-sparse spell lines, theurgists are voicing a desire for Mythic to indicate, "what is our role if we're not siege?" As TL I have informed the community not all classes have a defined role, and that each theurgist spec is so different that a role definition may be difficult or impossible. However, I record the concern in case Mythic has direction to lend or a vision they are considering. This will also help lend focus to TL efforts in proposing solutions.

Theurgists are a unique class whose most defining ability is their pets. Future changes and improvements in the class will likely focus on this unique ability.

****SPEC-LINE ISSUES****

"EARTH LINE" (pbt spec)
Earth line lacks reason to take the highest levels. 8 and 6 second pbt is lacking in Albion due to this. Power drain of expensive elementals is an issue. Having no earth-line spec dd that benefits by lower damage variance as one specs higher complicates the problem. Most importantly, compare the defense/self-enhancement capabilities of an earth theurgist versus a Suppression Runemaster or PBT Warden... the earth theurgist falls far short. Multiple spells should be added or tweaked to fix this clearly demonstrated gap.

You've done a good job in reports and in other discussions to illustrate the challenges and issues surrounding the earth line. We definitely want to do something to make the line more fun and viable then it is today. For 1.65, we're focusing on earth pets. We are looking at adding additional higher level pets, increasing the pet damage, raising the pet duration, and lowering the pet's hit points. The goal here is to make earth pets something people cannot simply run away or "wait out", but rather something that the enemy will need to do something about.

Here I repeat the solutions matrix from my 1.63 report. If one is removed or considered impossible, a substitute should be sought by Mythic. Because the matrix is formed to answer each earth-line problem with a corresponding solution. Please contact the TL if you have any desire to discuss applicability of many other options I've presented over the months.

1)Power conservation issues;
2)Need to cast more spells in first 15 seconds of RvR fights:
Make the 6 second PBT insta-castable. That rewards theurs who spec high earth (45), and preserves precious power between fights with a simple alteration.

3)Lack of spec damage variant-reduction (spec dd/DoT) in Earth;
4)Power drain of expensive elementals other PBT'ers don't suffer;
5)Lack of power-efficient damage option (dd) to stack on elemental "pet" damage:
Powertap DD in Earth Line. 159dd maximum delve. Grants a spec line dd, which runemasters have. But instead of giving earth theurs a snare to increase time to inflict supplemental damage like a runemaster, it gives power recovery to make up for power loss from throwing expensive earth elementals as supplemental damage. (A snare dd is useless in damage-delivery since earth eles will break it).

6)Lack of debuff survivability tools:
Str and Dex Debuffs. The runemaster has these available to its pbt'ers, to reduce damage done unto them by enemies that reach them. The earth theurgist should receive the STR insta-debuff, at least.

7)Lack of slow/snare survivability tools:
Snare proc/PBAE Snare. I have made suggestions to add a single-hit snare-proc reactive self shield. Or a PB-AE snare. Mirroring but not duplicating the suppression runemaster's DD+snare and DD-AE damage+snare.

"ICE LINE" (less than 1% take it to the payoff spell at level 50)
Per the 1.63 TL report response, I understand Ice is only a priority after Earth is repaired. However, I will leave the placeholder here to remind us that Ice needs several major fixes. I now consider the line dysfunctional. Please contact the TL when Mythic is in a position to perform a major overhaul of the Ice line.

Ice line lacks reason to take to high level for the spec ice dd, versus simply taking wind spec. Also, the Mythic statement in the 1.62 TL response saying root blocking snares is "unlikely to ever change" means Ice line is not salvageable in its current configuration. (Considering all its offense has a snare element, and all its cc has a root and even ae-root element which mutually conflict with each other). Because of these two data points, Ice now needs major overhauls that cannot be proposed within the limits of this TL Report.

For 1.65 we're hoping to improve the ice line by focusing on the Ice Elementals. We're looking at adding additional higher level pets, and making the pets scale properly. The pet DD suffers from a high resist rate and scaling the level of the pet's DD should allievate resists and make them much more effective.

"AIR LINE"
This line is the least problematic of any of the theurgist lines. However, it should be noted it still has some minor-moderate issues, including spell flexibility, benefit to RvR groups, and power-cost of elementals. These cannot be easily considered until the spell-resist revamp and its effects can be measured, as mentioned in the "Concerns" section.

Right now we're focusing on the other two lines but plan to revisit Air in the future after we've seen the results of other changes.

"ALL LINES" - Pet Effectiveness Package
Earth/Ice theurs have low perma-pet class dd's and need more up-front damage. Many RvR fights are over before a theurgist can get even a portion of his striking power on the field.

The changes we hope to get in for 1.65 should address this issue to some extent. Will need some good testing on Pendragon to see how these pan out.

Solution : High Spec Instacast Elemental.
Create an instacast timered elemental to help. This would get an additional elemental-worth of damage on the field in the first 15 seconds of the fight, where earth/ice theur DPS is sub-par.
- Add a new elemental at spec level 33 earth, 26 ice, 33 air
- These have a casting time of "instant", but, recastable on separate 1 minute timers
- Make the elemental half-cost, but also, half-duration

Solution : Buffs on Elementals.
Pet classes recently received efficiency increases for their pet buffs. Can we make it so when a theurgist casts their damage add on themselves, the damage add also applies to any elementals they already have on the field at the moment the DA is cast? Theurs already have the ability to cast the DA on eles individually, but this is a 10 minute spell, and the elmentals only live for 30 seconds maximum. So this is just a tweak in terms of DPS-return-per-power cost wise, without creating imbalance. And allows the theurgist to get the buff onto the pets more quickly at the 7-ish second point in a fight, after fielding their elementals for that combat.

****NEW ISSUES****

"Extend PBT Radius" - As a TL I once opposed increasing PBT range, out of fairness to archers who needed to snipe individuals straying out of range of the support classes. With recent penetrating arrow changes this stance is now moot. I now support extending PBT radius to at least 1500, for all realms. TL discussion and feedback has taken place on the TL Private board, as requested. Feedback was overwhelmingly positive for giving 1500 (or possibly greater) range to theurgist PBT. I do not speak for other classes.

I need to follow up on this and present a more ironclad case for upping the range from 1250 to 1500. Due to the late stages of 1.65, and the amount of other changes I've been trying to cram in last minute, I'd say it's unlikely to make it into 1.65, even if no one has a good argument against the change.

"Earth/Air Elemental Line of Sight" - At keeps, recent changes mean about 75% of the time earth and air elementals, cast after the theurgist puts himself in harm's way for 3-9 seconds, do appropriately "pop" up the ramparts to attack their target. When RvR LoS changes are enacted, please remember theurgist elementals are unique. Do not hinder their ability to attack a target the theurgist has to put himself into harm's way to cast, unlike permapetters who only need to be in LoS for a fraction of a second to "sic" an already-extant pet on a target.

Will make sure this is kept in mind for upcoming changes.

"Utility versus Damage" - In 1.63, Mythic publicly pondered about giving Wizards more "utility." Theurgist and wizard TL's have ALWAYS avoided asking for utility in wizards, and AE/damage in theurgists. To help keep a separation between the two elementalists. If wizards are to receive utility, please ensure it does not duplicate any utility found in theurgists today. Also, grant a new different theurgist spell for every spell granted to wizards. To keep differentiation and a reason to take a theurgist, versus simply taking a wizard.

Theurgists and Wizards are moving in different directions and will remain uniquely different.
****OTHER ISSUES****

"Siege Bolt" - We would like to see the cost reduced to 5 or 6 RSP's. Now that the bug is removed and we can accurately tally its utility.

Let's discuss during the RA review.

"RA revamp" - Theurgists want 1 extra "slot" granted for a new class RA when the review comes. Since their siege role is now removed and their class-specific RA (siege bolt) is not supportive of any class spec-mission.

The review will be pretty expansive, so I doubt this will remain a concern.

"Wind line mez range" - This spell now has substandard range, once other classes got increases in recent patches. Range should be 1500.

There was no reason for this to ever have been less then 1500 range. My apologies for not rectifying this early. It will be fixed in 1.65.

****ITEMS****

"Power" - As mentioned in many other TL reports and discussions, +power and its usefulness is highly limited.

Noted for item team. +power is unlikely to change as it stands now, but I know they are reviewing additional options to help on the power front.

TL NOTE: It is not addressed in this specific report, but be sure to take note of what was said in the 1.64 wizard report about Root blocking Snare, because it is a KEY consideration in the theurgist ice line:

I was pig-piled by enough TL's to eventually come around on this issue. I agree that snare is not very useful if it's on the same timer as root. Not sure when but I will try to get this problem resolved in one manner or another.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés