Mythic : The Fabulous Friday Grab Bag

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Q: I saw a press release saying Catacombs had gone gold. Do you think the expansion is ready to release?

A: Heck, no.

“Gold” is an industry term meaning that the CD we will be shipping next month is finished. The CD has been sent to the publisher to be copied and put into boxes. We’ve loaded it up with art files, zone maps, major parts of the game engine, and all the other bits that are a major pain in the tail to download.

And with other genres in gaming, gold does mean done. But this is a massively multiplayer RPG – much of the “game” is actually located on our servers, and we will be working on that for the rest of this month. So even though we’ve “gone gold,” we’re still weeks away from launch.

Q: The Encounter for the Artifact Bruiser - I have been told it was bugged and that the artifact will not drop.

A: Not true. The artifact is set to always drop.

Q: I have recently purchased a Legendary Benthic Longbow. I have read that all Legendary Weapons do elemental damage instead of slash/thrust/crush damage. When I was talking to some friends, they said that the Legendary Longbows do thrust damage with a proc for elemental damage. My question is: Does a Legendary Longbow do base thrust damage with an elemental proc, or does the arrow do elemental damage with an elemental proc like all other Legendary Weapons?

A: From our legendary Item Mistress: ”The Legendary bows are set up differently from the other Legendary weapons. The type of damage a bow does is based on the arrows used, so setting the bow to elemental damage would have no effect as the arrows would still be set to slash, thrust, or crush damage not elemental damage. The bows do have a chance to proc an elemental debuff and damage spell.

Q: (Insert question here about the missing shield block sound effect.)

A: This will be fixed in the next patch. Sorry, gang. My brain is also trained to respond to the noise and not the text; you’re not the only ones going crazy because of this bug.

Q: I tried to turn in the Moray Eel Eye kill task item to the people that it said to in the delve. I was unable to find any of the three people listed in Haven of Stygia. Furthermore, I tried everyone in Stygia and no one wanted them. Is this item possible to be turned in on Gaheris?

A: Whoops. That’s a Gaheris bug. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, we’ll get it fixed as soon as possible.

Q: For the past couple of weeks, every time I port from the battle grounds (any of them) to the portal keep, I end up out in the frontier near the relic temple.

A: This is a known bug, and while I don’t have an ETA (estimated time of arrival) on a fix, the programmers are aware of the problem and working towards a solution. I apologize for the inconvenience and annoyance – please watch for a patch note.

Q: I was looking thru my consignment merchant today, and after I closed the inventory window I got the message "Your active vault has been cleared". What does this mean?

A: It’s an overly complicated way of saying you closed an inventory screen. (I am told by your friends in CS that you probably closed the window by backing away from it until you were out of range.) Sometimes people get this message when they’re looking at their vaults, as well as their merchants. Ignore it – technically, that message is not even supposed to be displaying to you, but as fixing priorities go, this one’s at the bottom.

Q: If I cast an AoE mezz on an enemy, and he (the primary target) has the mezz blade turn from the Gem of Lost Memories, will it completely negate the whole mezz for everyone in the area or only for that one person?

A: Sayeth the Oracle: ”Even if the primary target resists, the AoE should still affect those within the radius of the primary target (unless they also resist).” In other words, each affected enemy has his own chance to resist the mezz, unaffected by the other targets.

Q: I use (insert name of free service) email, and I’m wondering if the beta invites will go into my bulk mail folder.

A: The answer is “probably.” We can’t resend, so go through those folders and fish out your invitatations!

Q: Is open beta starting soon? I saw a Q&A where it said you’d have open beta.

A: Not in the sense that you’re probably thinking. Our producer used “open” to mean that the NDA would be lifted. We are going to keep adding people from the pool of 17,000 applicants (as well as random contest winners) until we have a decent population. More invitations will go out on Monday, so watch your emails!

Q: I changed my email since I signed up for your beta test. Can you change it in your database?

A: Due to the volume of these requests, I’m afraid the answer is no. The team coordinating the testing also has the database of applicants, and they simply do not have any people to spare from testing to update the spreadsheet.

This is another EXCELLENT reason that you should update the email address on your account registration screen every time you change emails.

Q: I was on the Mariasha Sharkskin Glove encounter with a guildmate who already has his gloves. According to your patch notes in July, this encounter is flagged for group credit. My guildmate carried the strong box out of the area for me, and even though I don’t have the gloves, I got no encounter credit! WTH?

A: The server looks at the player holding the box, notices that he’s already got the gloves and therefore the quest is completed, and does not award credit. This is a known issue, and the workaround is simply to be sure that the person carrying the box is one of the people in the group who needs the encounter credit.

(The fellow with the gloves can still be in the group, just not the one who carries the items.)

Announcements: Darlings, if you are in the beta test, and you find a bug with any beta content, send it to beta AT darkageofcamelot.com – please, by all that is good and pure, don’t send an ordinary bug appeal, and don’t send beta quest issues to the main quest appeal queue. Thanks very much for your understanding. By the way, don't send any requests to join the beta to that address. Those emails are deleted unread, in order to be able to process all the bug reports coming to that address.

We’ve been giving a lot of tours lately, and Richard “Jonric” Aihoshi of RPGVault fame just wrote up an account of his visit. Check it out: http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/565/565751p1.html

That’s it for me, everyone. It’s been a long and exciting week of beta testing and data entry, and tonight calls for a great big slushy. See you on the flip side.
Source.

Traduction en cours.
Message hors-roleplay
- Catacombes est passé "Gold" cette semaine. C'est un terme technique signifiant que le cédérom de l'extension est terminé, et a été envoyé à l'impression pour être dupliqué et emballé. Le cédérom contient les fichiers graphiques et sonores, les cartes des zones, la majeure partie du moteur de jeu, et la plupart des autres composants qu'il est inutile de faire télécharger. Mais "Gold" ne veut pas dire fini : il reste encore de nombreuses choses à faire, notamment coté serveur, et donc plusieurs semaines de travail.

- L'artefact Dérobeur est sensé tomber à chaque fois.

- Les arcs légendaires fonctionnent différent des autres armes légendaires : le type de dégât dépend des flèches utilisées, utiliser un arc légendaire ne transformera donc pas des flèches devant faire des dégâts tranchant en flèches faisant des dégâts de froid. Mais les arcs légendaires ont tout de même une chance d'avoir un effet actif infligeant des dégâts élémentaires et diminuant la résistance associée.

- Il y en 1.72 un bug qui a supprimé le son du blocage au bouclier, ce qui rend très pénible le placement de styles réactifs. Ce devrait être corrigé dans la prochaine version.

- Il y a un bug sur les serveurs coopératifs, rendant impossible pour le moment d'échanger l'Oeil de Grande anguille contre de l'expérience.

- Un autre bug, sur les serveurs classiques, transporte les joueurs en partance des vaux vers les temples reliques.

- Il arrive, lorsque l'on ferme une fenêtre d'inventaire que l'on s'éloigne trop du coffre ou marchand que l'on observe, qu'un message informant que le coffre actif a été nettoyé s'affiche. C'est là encore un bug.

- Lors d'un sort de zone, chaque cible a une chance séparée de résister. Si la cible principale résiste, l'effet de zone a quand même lieu.

- Il n'y aura finalement pas de test bêta ouvert de Catacombes, les phases à venir sont simplement libérées de la contrainte de confidentialité et vont accueillir de plus en plus de monde parmi ceux qui s'étaient inscrits pour y participer.

- Si la personne qui porte le coffre des Gants de Peau de Requin de Mariasha les a déjà, la rencontre n'est pas validée. Si elle ne les a pas, elle est validée pour tout le groupe.
Citation :
Publié par Nof Samedisthjofr
- Catacombes est passé "Gold" cette semaine. C'est un terme technique signifiant que le cédérom de l'extension est terminé, et a été envoyé à l'impression pour être dupliqué et emballé. Le cédérom contient les fichiers graphiques et sonores, les cartes des zones, la majeure partie du moteur de jeu, et la plupart des autres composants qu'il est inutile de faire télécharger. Mais "Gold" ne veut pas dire fini : il reste encore de nombreuses choses à faire, notamment coté serveur, et donc plusieurs semaines de travail.
Déjà une bonne nouvelle.
Citation :
Publié par Nof Samedisthjofr

- Un autre bug, sur les serveurs classiques, transporte les joueurs en partance des vaux vers les temples reliques.

J'imagine la tête des petits LVL arrivants au RK
Citation :
- Il n'y aura finalement pas de test bêta ouvert de Catacombes, les phases à venir sont simplement libérées de la contrainte de confidentialité et vont accueillir de plus en plus de monde parmi ceux qui s'étaient inscrits pour y participer.
On a le droit de ouin ouin? :P
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés