Serveur en Europe ?

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Publié par Chris, post: 227056, member: 2627
I looked up your connection location from the last play weekend and tried doing to tracert and pinging and it looks worse than just a simple bad ping time. I tried from multiple different locations and got lots of timeouts and I got different paths pretty much every time. I'm not seeing that to most of Europe or Australia, just to CZ.

The behavior you described sounds like what you would see with lost or timed out packets, not lag. If it was just lag, they would be moving around a bit jerky but not teleporting. We send most stuff as not guaranteed so packets can get lost. That is pretty much required for bad connections for movement packets. If we sent guaranteed, it would wait for a response and resend the packet till it worked which could put you WAY behind real time.

I'll start another thread on this to see what other people are seeing. Currently I don't think we track lost packets and we probably should. I just created a task for it, SOTA-7663 is the task number.

The good news is there is a very good chance we WILL have a server in Europe. More details at a later date.

As always, thanks for the info and the feedback!

Voila ce que Chris vient de dire sur le serveur officiel.
C'est une bonne nouvelle car on a souvent des problèmes de "chargement infini" et e déconnexion avec les pertes de paquets. C'est aussi une bonne raison pour se connecter pendant les prochains tests: s'ils font un traçage des paquets plus nous serons d'européens en ligne, plus ca les motivera a ouvrir un serveur en Europe.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés