[Mythic] Grab Bag

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Fabulous Friday Grab Bag
from Sanya Thomas
2003-04-11 19:36:26

My brain is hanging upside down, I need something to slow me down:

Q: Hot rumor – when you adjusted the salvage rates on ROG items, you also adjusted the drop rates of said items… downwards. True or false?

A: False, so far as I know. If there is a specific area or monster that has a lower drop rate in your opinion, please feel free to let me know. Remember, as with all bugs, we can’t do much without specific details. The more you tell me, the more equipped I am to help you.

Q: How are you planning to do housing, scattered throughout the landscape or in a separate zone?

A: This design point changed from information I’d passed to you before – we will now have housing in a separate zone, so that more people will be able to have their own space.

Q: How will I (or my guild/alliance) be able to buy a house? With gold, or with bounty points, or both?

A: Gold. There will be upkeep fees, as well. More detail, I cannot give. There will be a whole feature on the Herald about all the various options and prices. The range of options is, well, astounding. There are options available for individuals as well as for groups, by the way.

Q: Is the lifetap considered a DD spell?

A: Yes.

Q: When can I, as an alchemist, put a “glowie” effect on weapons?

A: I sometimes get déjà vu when I read questions, but there was a whole flurry of these this week. The answer, from the crafting devs:

“In the initial designs for Alchemy was the ability for Alchemists to add particle effects to weapons. This was publically listed as one of said abilities.

We had to pull that concept (and was documented in patch notes and on the Herald, I believe) as the way that particle effects are set up right now, it was not feasible to do.”

Basically, “glowies” are currently not a “plug and play” option, but something specifically built onto each particular weapon.

Q: Is there any way to raise faction with the monsters connected to the Lords of the [Un?]Dead (in the Summoner Hall) or the Awakened (Summoner Hall and the frontier dungeons)? If not, then why are they connected to factions at all? A similar question can be directed at all of the monsters in DF other than the Picullus Imps.

A: Not all of our factions have counter-factions. Many of them only lower. The lead world dev also had this to add: “In the case of the RvR dungeons, the intention was - the more you go to these dungeons, the more they hate you. Factions that only lower do have some uses. Tracking factions on the character gives us a point of reference for quests, for example.”

Q: Just a question about the Savage style, Kelgor's Might. I know its effect is a PBAoE Haste Debuff. I was just curious on whether the effect was centered on you, or the mob you are attacking, and what the radius of the PBAoE is. Thanks!

A: It's actually AoE, not PBAoE. It's centered on the target, radius 350. (By the way, the average sized human model is 80 units tall, if that helps to give you a frame of reference.)

Q: Do CON buffs work on pets?

A: Yes, Con buffs and debuffs affect melee absorption on pets. (On all monsters, really.)

Q: Will the Volatile Celeric Arcanium Weapon Tincture stack with the savage's self haste?

A: No, they won't stack.

Q: As most DAoC Users use the Camelot Herald for all their DAoC Information, and main reference point no matter what version of DAoC they play whether it be the USA, European, Australian etc., could you not expand your guild data base to show the versions server too?

A: Just a reminder – I love hearing from everyone around the world, but the Herald statistics are only for the US servers. The reason for this is simple – we do not have access to the servers in the other countries. So, there is literally no physical way for us to build stats pages for our friends playing on other servers.

Mythic-the-developer makes the game for everyone, but Mythic-the-game provider only handles the US servers. And it is Mythic-the-game provider that does the Herald. That’s why each one of our partner companies writes and runs their own version of the Herald.

Q: I would just like to ask if it is possible for people playing the European version of DAoC to post feedback regarding questions that you post?

A: You can write me a feedback form, no matter where in the world you play. I also am happy to read links to ANY message board that you care to send me, so if there’s a feedback thread you’d really like me to see, send it on! I don’t have any special character sets installed on my computer, and I regretfully only speak English, so please make allowances for my ignorance if you speak something else as your primary language.

Q: I thought the new [Herald statistics update] system was supposed to be better on updating the guild boards and player info? It’s not working entirely as I expected. I’m from Pellinor, by the way.

A: From the Herald programming gorilla: “With the latest patch, we've changed the Herald realm/guild pages so that they are updated by the game itself. There are still some bugs with the new system that we're working on fixing; we hope to have a completely working system in place by the next patch. In the mean time, all servers should now be updating normally (Pellinor was down for a week) and all stat displays and crafter displays (with the exception of the “I Remain Standing...” list, which still has some issues) should be working normally.

Herald typing chimp, here: Because the server now updates the stats directly, as opposed to the old system using an intermediate set of machines, we have to wait until we patch to make changes to the program. Some things we can fix with a “read file,” and other things we can’t. We’re still ironing out the kinks of the new system, and I’m sorry for the annoyance factor.

Q: I keep noticing that my shaman will have a high “I remain standing” score and not get on the List for it Is that due to her not haveing massive RPs compared to the others?

A: Well, as I said above, some things are still a little screwy with the Herald display. But I have a feeling what you’re talking about isn’t bug related. In order to appear on the overall server page, you need to have a minimum of 30,000 realm points. You need at least 10,000 to appear on your server’s class page.

Okay, gang! Quick note before I bail out and log in – I’ve had a number of inquiries about whether or not we’re “doing anything” about this class or that class. Basically, anything Producer Man didn’t specifically mention in his letter to you, people are asking about. Guys, he mentioned only things we will ***definitely*** get to in the next patch. There are several other hot topics I know for a fact that we are discussing, but he didn’t mention them in case we have to push the tangible results of those conversations off until the patch after next. Just because he didn’t say it, doesn’t mean it’s off our radar. It’s not possible for us to look at all thirty nine classes each and every patch, but we try to do what we can.

By the way, it’s easier for me to pass on clear, concise feedback letters with bulleted points than it is for me to convince a dev working a sixty hour week to read a ten paragraph essay. Unless, of course, I wrote to you requesting the essay! Just FYI.

I had such fun reading the WHY GET MARRIED email, that I think we should do it again. This week’s theme (and email header) is WHY CRAFT. If you love crafting, tell me why.

Have a swell weekend, everybody!
Source
Angry
Bon ben comme moi et l'anglais et on est pas copain je sais pas ce que veut dire tous ce charabia

Personnage sous DAOC:
Tekno McGregor, Paladin lvl 50 Alb/Bro
Tekilla SunRise, Sicaire lvl 50 Alb/ys
Krall, Berserker lvl 42 Mid/orca
Tekno McGregor, clerc lvl 50 Alb/Bro (delete)
Oconors McGregor Maîtres d'armes lvl 50 Alb/Bro (delete)

http://kemosdraec.free.fr/signatures/Tekno.jpg
PAs de modification des taux de drops d'objets en 1.61, ils sont toujours aussi rares/courants selon les endroits.

Les maisons de guilde/individuelles seront dans une zone réservée.

Les maisons seront achetées avec de l'Or, et un loyer devra être payé ( et les fournitures aussi achetées ).

Les drains de vie sont considérés comme des DD

Pas d'effets lumineux ( laser, flammes ) en Alchimie. C'était prévu, mais c'est techniquement impossible car les effets sont codés directement dans les caractéristiques de l'objet.

PAs possible de récupérer une bonne faction contre les mobs dans l'antre de l'invocateur ( Summoner's Hall ). Ces mobs n'ont pas de faction adverse permettant de repasser neutre.

Le style des sauvages "Force de Kelgor" est un sort de zone centré sur la cible, de rayon 350 ( environ 4 fois la hauteur d'un personnage )

La Constit influe la façon dont les pets encaissent les coups. Les buffs const augementent donc cette résistance.

Le proc de Hate ( teinture volatile de célérité ) n'est pas cumulable avec le buff de Hate des Sauvages

Le Herald US ne donnera jamais des infos concernant les Guidles Euro, Australiennes , Coréennes ou Italiennes. Mythic n'a pas accès à ces infos.

Les joueurs Européens peuvent tout à fait écrire a Sanya pour lui poser des questions, elle lira les questions.

Q: I thought the new [Herald statistics update] system was supposed to be better on updating the guild boards and player info? It’s not working entirely as I expected. I’m from Pellinor, by the way.

Sanya parle d'un bug avec les nouvelles chroniques en 1.61 entre autre sur le serveur Pellinore ( j'ai pas traduit, ça ,ne nous concerne pas vraiment ).

Une question sur le Shaman qui n'apparait pas sur les listes dans le Herald US. Vu qu'il est différent ( et un peu buggé encore là bas ), je n'ai pas traduit car ça ne nous concerne pas.

Sinon, Sanya nous indique que les dev travaillent sur bien d'autres classes en ce moment que celles dont il a été question récemment ( problème LA/regen endu entre autre ), mais qu'ils n'en ont pas encore parlé, car les changements en cours ne sont pas définitifs ou validés, et que les modifications peuvent être ammenées à être repoussées. Donc, peu de commentaires.

Si vous désirez écrire à Sanya, le thème de travail de cette semaine est WHY CRAFT ( pourquoi pratiquer l'artisanat ).
Vous pouvez lui envoyer vos commentaires sur le sujet par email.

Voilà, fin de la traduction. Elle n'est pas littérale, mais elle vous donne l'esprit de ce grab bag.
Talking
Merci aratorn t'es une vrai mère pour nous

Personnage sous DAOC:
Tekno McGregor, Paladin lvl 50 Alb/Bro
Tekilla SunRise, Sicaire lvl 50 Alb/ys
Krall, Berserker lvl 42 Mid/orca
Tekno McGregor, clerc lvl 50 Alb/Bro (delete)
Oconors McGregor Maîtres d'armes lvl 50 Alb/Bro (delete)

http://kemosdraec.free.fr/signatures/Tekno.jpg
rhalalala Aratorn tu aurais pu attendre que je le traduise sur le site

mais bon vais etre obligé de le faire quand meme sinon le patriarche va me tape dessus

informations supplémentaires dans 30 minutes

Padapom pom pom, je vous aime tous/
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés