Mark Jacobs online

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Hello Mark

I m not your fan, Charles can prove it, I m the man who said the most bad things about you in this board.
I m very rude and sometimes I doing this only for the fun to troll but realy I don't like you
But I like what I saw for Camelot Unchained and that's the principal thinks thats count

I m a question for you, I know it's not the time to discut for this but I think It's very important
I always play Healer in MMO, and I was unhappy about the traitement of this class in the last MMO we saw in Europe
I put a lot of hope in CU but I m very confused about the UI . I see a lot of segment and I m afraid of the job's healer will be boring , and limited to "fill" and "refill" segment

Can you give your vision of the job's healer for CU to comfort the communauty
Citation :
Publié par bitcha
Just wanna say, even if some ppl thought it was not a good game, thx a lot (i mean A LOT) for all those fun years on Age of reckoning (hein torkall c'était bien warhammer )
yeap the same

/drink

bjerk beer's drinker
Hello Mark,

Nice to have you here, even though I know it won't last long

I have a quick question for you but I'm sure you can't answer it, but I'll try anyway :

Once CU's engine is ready and fully functional, are you planning to license it and sell it to other studios so they can create games with it, or will you keep it for CSE games only?
Citation :
Publié par guedgued
Good morning, Mr. Jacobs.
Happy to see you here and thank you for taking a little of your time to see us.

You know here almost all posters are old daoc. For many, including myself, this was their first time. An experience quite extraordinary for all of us.
Hence the hopes are enormous for CU. (Which causes in some many "frustrations")
Do you feel, measure it?

PS. Merci google trad
Do I understand/feel some pressure? Oh yeah, lots of it. Pressure from Dark Age, WAR, and other folks who want to see us deliver on a great game. Fortunately, pressure isn't new to me. There was a ton of pressure making Dark Age of Camelot because if that game failed, I would have ended up bankrupt since I had to personally sign for lots of the leased/bought equipment since nobody would give us credit. That's a good deal of pressure right there.

As far as understanding peoples' frustration, yep, I certainly understand it.

Citation :
Publié par bitcha
Just wanna say, even if some ppl thought it was not a good game, thx a lot (i mean A LOT) for all those fun years on Age of reckoning (hein torkall c'était bien warhammer )
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy Camelot Unchained even more!

Citation :
Publié par nanoko
Thank you to come on JOL

We made you a separate thread but feel free to post where you want.

We dont have yet special section as daoc (the game you should know) have as we are waiting the end of NDA

The team is looking for giving you an official tag
Thanks, appreciated!

Citation :
Publié par Gorthor
Hello Mr Jacobs,

Thanks to you, to be here with the French Community. We'll hope to play soon to CU .

Have a good day
Thanks! I hope so too.
Citation :
Publié par Xh0
+1000

Welcome here MJ and thx for all this fun you provide to us for many years. Daoc and WAR are my best MMO memories (with EvE). I hope you will bring more with CU (quickly, need beta !).
I hope so as well. I know we will be bringing lots of different things to the genre, I hope people enjoy them and the rest of the game as well.

Citation :
Publié par Alysion Brangwin
Traduction rapide et certainement améliorable (un passage que je n'ai pas saisi au niveau des AMA).

Merci. Je sais c'est difficile pour certaines personnes et je m'inclus dedans, de croire les développeurs. Je ne peux demander la perfection, mais j'ai fait la promesse il y a longtemps d'être sincère envers les gens. Par moment je ne pouvais révéler certaines informations (notamment quand j'étais chez EA), parfois je ne peux le dire pour des raisons confidentielles ou légales, mais c'est un principe auquel je suis toujours resté fidèle dans ma carrière. Encore une fois, je suis un être humain, je commets des erreurs, mais j'ai toujours apporté une attention particulière aux communautés de mes/nos jeux, c'est la raison pour laquelle je continue à passer du temps sur les MOP, MMORPG et sur nos forums bien après que le kickstarter ait été financé. Je sais qu’il y en a eu plus d’un sur la toile pour dire « dès que le KS sera fini, regardez comment MJ va s’évanouir dans la nature ». Et bien je ne l’ai pas fait ! J’ai continué de poster à toute heure du jour ou de la nuit parce que, comme je l’ai toujours dit, j’aime le faire tant que gens restent corrects et ne font pas d’attaques personnelles. J’essaie fortement de rester courtois et je suis meme plus posé qu’en 2000 quand certains nous trollaient pour des raisons personnelles et professionnelles.

Concernant la communauté française en particulier et la communauté européenne dans l'ensemble, comme je l'ai posté sur nos Forums, j'ai promis pendant le Kickstarter que je n'accorderais pas la licence de Camelot Uchained à un éditeur/distributeur tant que tous les serveurs Nord-américains et européens ne seraient pas verrouillés en local. J’ai tenu mes promesses quant au fait de ne pas vendre ou de faire de deal commercial pour CU et je continuerai d’honorer ces promesses aujourd’hui et pour toujours, même si cela peut représenter une somme d’argent importante (ce que les gens d'Artcraft ont pu récolter quand ils ont licencié leur projet Crowfall).

Je saisi également cette occasion pour dire que c'est important pour des gens de distinguer le mot "la promesse" de déclarations que je ou d'autres développeurs pourraient faire. Quand j'utilise le mot promesse, que je ne fais pas beaucoup, ça compte énormément pour moi. Je ferai tout ce que je peux pour honorer une promesse, donc faites-moi confiance.

Pendant que je poste ici, je promets de garder un œil sur cette section aussi longtemps que les gens gardent à l’esprit que mon souhait est d’avoir des échanges courtois, même si nos avis divergent. Je ne peux pas vous promettre de passer ici tous les jours, et sur tous les topics (je ne le fais déjà pas sur nos forums de CU). Je serai heureux de répondre à toutes vos questions par moments tant que les modérateurs peuvent tenir le fil du sujet. La critique est bénéfique, les désaccords le sont aussi, mais gardez à l’esprit s’il vous plait, de le faire de manière courtoise et en principe je ne m’étendrai pas sur DAOC ou War simplement à cause du temps passé.

J’espère que cela vous convient de poster ici.
Thanks for translating what I said!

Citation :
Publié par Xilu
Welcome on board @MJ !
I am pleased to see you on JOL sharing with us your comments and clarifying points with some of the grumpiest french representative.
I hope to see more productive discussion during this long period waiting beta 1
I hope it won't be too long, especially before Beta 1.

Citation :
Publié par MasterNag
AMA = Ask Me Anything = Demandez-moi ce que vous voulez
A ma connaissance le terme vient de Reddit ou sur ces sujets, l'auteur du thread répond à toutes les questions des participants pendant un laps de temps donné
Correct.

Citation :
Publié par Agedam
Hello Mark

I m not your fan, Charles can prove it, I m the man who said the most bad things about you in this board.
I m very rude and sometimes I doing this only for the fun to troll but realy I don't like you
But I like what I saw for Camelot Unchained and that's the principal thinks thats count

I m a question for you, I know it's not the time to discut for this but I think It's very important
I always play Healer in MMO, and I was unhappy about the traitement of this class in the last MMO we saw in Europe
I put a lot of hope in CU but I m very confused about the UI . I see a lot of segment and I m afraid of the job's healer will be boring , and limited to "fill" and "refill" segment

Can you give your vision of the job's healer for CU to comfort the communauty
Hi, sorry you don't like me but maybe if you came to know me better you might hate me! So, if I spend some time here, maybe we can level up the relationship!!!!

In terms of the healer's job, I've been very clear, since the beginning of the Kickstarter how important the healer class is to this game. While I don't have the time to go into a ton of detail this morning, let me tell you some of the principles of how I want the healer classes built:

1) Healers should be able to survive in combat, they need to be more resilient than the typical clothies, and also be able to fight back.

2) Healers should have a wide range of abilities ranging from individual heals to group heals.

3) Healing should be fun, whenever possible and not just a game of UI management.

4) Healers should have the ability to do more than heal and fight. We've talked about "Healer Vision" which if it works out the way we want it to can be a change to how Healers typically play in a game. More fun, less suck.

5) Healers should play a little differently between Realms, they can't be carbon copies of the other Realm's healers.

How's that for now? As I've said in other threads, I'm happy to do a AMA, possibly with Ben as well.

And in all seriousness, I hope you come to know me a bit better from these Forums. You might find you like me a little more as you get to know me but, of course, that is not a requirement for me to be here.

Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
J'avoue c'était bien gras
Citation :
Publié par bjerk
yeap the same

/drink

bjerk beer's drinker
Citation :
Publié par Aeodo
Hello Mark,

Nice to have you here, even though I know it won't last long

I have a quick question for you but I'm sure you can't answer it, but I'll try anyway :

Once CU's engine is ready and fully functional, are you planning to license it and sell it to other studios so they can create games with it, or will you keep it for CSE games only?
I hope I'm here for a while but that is really in the hands of the community and the moderators here. If things stay polite, I'll happily stick around. I'm still posting on MOP, MMORPG and our Forums. I don't ask for everybody to like me or agree with me but I do hope we can all be polite to each other.

As to your question about our engine, right now we have no plans to license the engine. Would we like to be in that position at some point? Sure, but that isn't our focus right now. We have a game to make, one that we are very late on, and we have to focus on that, first and foremost.

--------

Thanks to everybody here for posting your comments/questions or for just reading this discussion.

-Mark
Ce serait pas mal de regrouper nos questions ici en vue de les poser à MJ lors d'un wrap up, ou sur un nouveau sujet, sinon ça risque d'être bordélique. Un peu comme ce que font certains sur le forum off.
Citation :
Publié par MJacobs
In terms of the healer's job, I've been very clear, since the beginning of the Kickstarter how important the healer class is to this game. While I don't have the time to go into a ton of detail this morning, let me tell you some of the principles of how I want the healer classes built:

1) Healers should be able to survive in combat, they need to be more resilient than the typical clothies, and also be able to fight back.

2) Healers should have a wide range of abilities ranging from individual heals to group heals.

3) Healing should be fun, whenever possible and not just a game of UI management.

4) Healers should have the ability to do more than heal and fight. We've talked about "Healer Vision" which if it works out the way we want it to can be a change to how Healers typically play in a game. More fun, less suck.

5) Healers should play a little differently between Realms, they can't be carbon copies of the other Realm's healers.

-Mark

En ce qui concerne les soigneurs dans CU, j'ai été très clair, depuis le début du kickstarter à quel point cette classe allait jouer un rôle primordial dans le jeu.
Je n'ai pas le temps nécessaire d'aller dans un tas de détails ce matin, mais laissez moi vous expliquer quelques principes sur lesquels je veux que cette classe de soigneur soit construite (ou fonctionne):

1/ les soigneurs devront être capables de survivre en combat, ils doivent être plus résistant que les joueurs classiques (pas sur de la traduction) et doivent pouvoir revenir au combat.

2/ le soigneurs doivent avoir une large variété de compétences allant du soin individuel au soin de group

3/ Soigner devrait être super sympa aussi souvent que possible afin que cela ne soit pas juste une gestion d'UI

4/ Les soigneurs devraient avoir la possibilité de faire plus que soigner et combattre. Nous avons parlé précédemment de la vision du soigneur qui, si cette dernière fonctionne selon notre volonté, pourrait changer profondément la manière de jouer un soigneur. Plus d'amusement au final.

5/ les soigneurs devraient de jouer de manière différente selon les royaumes, ils ne peuvent pas être une simple copie carbone d'un autre royaume.

@mark: thank you for your kind words, it's my way of partcipating in this community (I hope to do more once the game will be released like I used to do in DAOC or WAR... so at the end of 2018 - beginning of 2019... ahah )

I have just a question regarding healers' abilities: will they get a spread heal like the druid of DAOC and get some shear buffs? (I hope it will be something like this )

Again a big thank you for your answers and the time spent here !

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 23/08/2017 à 21h45.
C'est Ouliane qui doit etre blasé! des mois qu'il se tue a nous traduire les news, et la il est en train de se rendre compte que la plupart des joliens parlent ou comprennent l'anglais
Citation :
Publié par Parseis
C'est Ouliane qui doit etre blasé! des mois qu'il se tue a nous traduire les news, et la il est en train de se rendre compte que la plupart des joliens parlent ou comprennent l'anglais
J'avoue c'est moche
Message supprimé par son auteur.
Citation :
Publié par MJacobs

I hope I'm here for a while but that is really in the hands of the community and the moderators here. If things stay polite, I'll happily stick around. I'm still posting on MOP, MMORPG and our Forums. I don't ask for everybody to like me or agree with me but I do hope we can all be polite to each other.
You dont have to worry, things are always polite here, or they just disappeared

Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
Ce serait pas mal de regrouper nos questions ici en vue de les poser à MJ lors d'un wrap up, ou sur un nouveau sujet, sinon ça risque d'être bordélique. Un peu comme ce que font certains sur le forum off.
Je pense que c'est l'endroit des questions et remarques pour MJ
Ce qui implique que qu'on nettoie le topic des commentaires sans interet
Ces derniers seront envoyés dans les Abysses comme d'habitude
Les premieres salutations à MJ par contre restent
De plus MJ est libre de répondre ou il veut

Si tu veux que les questions ressortent, utilise une couleur Bleu
Ce qui lui permettra de cibler un commentaire avec une question

MJ to help you, questions will be in blue
(Red is used for moderators)

We let guys say hello to you but after not interesting commentaries will be sent in the abysse topic as we used to do.

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 23/08/2017 à 21h17.
Citation :
Publié par nanoko
Je pense que c'est l'endroit des questions et remarques pour MJ
Ce qui implique que qu'on nettoie le topic des commentaires sans interet
Ces derniers seront envoyés dans les Abysses comme d'habitude
Les premieres salutations à MJ par contre restent
De plus MJ est libre de répondre ou il veut

Si tu veux que les questions ressortent, utilise une couleur Bleu
Ce qui lui permettra de cibler un commentaire avec une question
En fait j'avais plus idée de faire un wiki regroupant les questions, ça permettrait ensuite de rajouter en dessous de chaque question, la réponse de MJ, dans un thread permanent et propre.
On pourrait en plus scinder les questions par thématiques, et ça donnerait une bonne lecture à tous ceux qui passent sur la section, plutôt que de se perdre à lire tous les sujets de la section.

Dis moi ce que tu en pense?
Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
En fait j'avais plus idée de faire un wiki regroupant les questions, ça permettrait ensuite de rajouter en dessous de chaque question, la réponse de MJ, dans un thread permanent et propre.
On pourrait en plus scinder les questions par thématiques, et ça donnerait une bonne lecture à tous ceux qui passent sur la section, plutôt que de se perdre à lire tous les sujets de la section.

Excellente idee de les collecter, les deja posée seront supprimées, en redirection au wiki
Sur War, j'ai joué avec bonheur un squig cac aoe qui était très dévastateur, pourtant 95 % des joueurs jouaient cette classe à distance en ignorant tout son potentiel de mêlée. Ma question est de savoir si sur CU nous retrouverons ces archers capables d'évoluer autrement qu'à distance ?
seconde question, les morales de 1 à 4 permettaient des choix variés et d'intéressantes combinaisons, quelque chose de similaire sera t-il présent sur CU ?
Citation :
Publié par Pouah
Hello MJacobs ! I had very bad score in school because DAOC, I just want to tell you that's your full responsability
But I had also very good time on it! Just want to thank you about that ! And I'm quite happy that the BETA is coming soon

Seriously, I don't know if you are following DAOC and how the game change because EA and now Broadsword... but they made and makes shi... ! I liked how you seems someone "democratic" : listening everyone before the game launch... But during and after ? What will happen if you sell the game to another society like EA ? Do you think seriously about putting a pool in game about balance (classes) and player satisfaction ? A dynamic system like a kind of online election about important decision with big impact on the game ?

About DAOC, people played/play on free pirate server... on oldfrontier and with a queue on 2k players... more than 10 years after the launch... when the official server still want 15 dollars for playing an old game with nobody inside and silly change every 15 days. Hope will be not like this on CU and never free to play with online buy.
As to my responsibility for your grades at school, I hear things like that a lot.

In terms of Dark Age of Camelot/EA/Broadsword, I have no comment on that. My former partner and I aren't on speaking terms anymore based on his actions while I was at Mythic,EA, and afterward (though my wife delivered some choices words his way a few years ago). Thus, I cannot comment further other than to say that I am glad that there are free shards for Dark Age of Camelot that are quite good, and I wish them the best of luck!

As to selling CSE to another company, that can always happen with any business, though we aren't focusing on that. Back in 2005, our largest investor (with my partner's support) pushed me to sell the company and I was outvoted. As I've said a few times in interviews, I had two choices, quit or sell the company. I then spent the next year making the best deal I could that protected *all* of our employees and benefited the investors as well. That wasn't easy.

As to polls/surveys, yep, we use be using them as tools, even during Beta 1.

Citation :
Publié par LhommeoursPorc
haha , génial.
greeting MJ nice to see you there
Thanks, good to be here!

Citation :
Publié par Tonnand
Bon courage pour la suite ! ! J espère que le jeu sortira au plus vite pour des nouvelles batailles
Thanks! Battles will be happening, even before Beta 1. Should be fun.

Citation :
Publié par Torkaal

Makes sense to me.

Citation :
Publié par nanoko
Excellente idee de les collecter, les deja posée seront supprimées, en redirection au wiki
Citation :
Publié par Skaan/Darck
Oh oh welcome Mark !

But don't stay here and go open the door of the betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

I joke of course !

PS : I need a Skald in CU plz

Bye !
LOL, thanks! The Skald was a great class, I hope you like our classes as much as you did your Skald.

Citation :
Publié par zac
Sur War, j'ai joué avec bonheur un squig cac aoe qui était très dévastateur, pourtant 95 % des joueurs jouaient cette classe à distance en ignorant tout son potentiel de mêlée. Ma question est de savoir si sur CU nous retrouverons ces archers capables d'évoluer autrement qu'à distance ?
seconde question, les morales de 1 à 4 permettaient des choix variés et d'intéressantes combinaisons, quelque chose de similaire sera t-il présent sur CU ?
Google Translate is having trouble with your questions. The English language version sort of makes sense but if my answer doesn't, maybe one of the folks here can do a better job of translating than Google. The folks helped, and so I'm editing this and responding.

In terms of the morale abilities, obviously I liked the mechanic for WAR. We'll be having a full class reveal for all of our Beta 1 classes and we will talk about it then. Sorry to be vague right now but I've been saying the same things to our Backers on our Forums.

In terms of archers only being archers, yes, our archers can be more than just long-range DPSers.

Dernière modification par MJacobs ; 23/08/2017 à 23h47.
The translation should be something like:
" On war, I loved playing a squig melee aoe who was very efficient. But 95% of the players were playing that class as a distance, ignoring all it's melee potential. My question is about knowing if with CU we'll get those type of archers capable of doing things differently than just being a distance?
Second question, the 1 to 4 morals (??) were offering different choices and interesting combinations, will we have something similar with CU?"

I just don't know what are the "morales de 1 à 4", sounds like a mechanic from warhammer?
He says that he used to play a very powerfull/efficient melee squid in Warhammer, while 95% of the population were playing ranged squids because they were not aware it could be that great for melee. So he wonders if archers in CU will be able to be decent/good in melee, or if it will be mandatory to play them from a distance.

Second question : in Warhammer there was 4 “morale” levels. He wonders if there will be something very close to that, giving many customization options.

war_w5full.jpg

I don't know if my english is clear, it was way better in french I think

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 24/08/2017 à 13h40.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés