Mark Jacobs online

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Publié par Arnfiarnunn Neanias
Ou alors tu attends sagement que la news soit traduite ou tu peux encore utiliser google trad qui, bien qu'imparfait, te donne une idée précise du texte.

C'est quand même assez rare de voir des devs (CEO dans le cas présent) venir directement répondre à des utilisateurs sur des forums indépendants, je vois difficilement comment ne pas apprécier le geste qu'on aime ou non le projet.

Les critiques sont toujours ouvertes mais sachez qu'abysses ou non, elles ont tout intérêt à être construites si elles traitent de ce sujet
Google Translate is my friend! And like my friends and myself, it's far from perfect.

Citation :
Publié par kerloken
Et puis s'il visite d'autres forums, rien n'indique clairement qu'il comprend et écrit le français. Il aurait très bien pu se faire traduire les réponses. Dans le doute autant ne pas faire de procès d'intention ? Enfin il y a surement plus intéressant que de savoir si Mark Jacobs aurait pu répondre en français ou non je pense.
I wish I could say that I could have answered in French. I studied Spanish and Latin in school but sadly not French. Spanish because I lived in NYC and had Spanish-speaking friends. I studied Latin in college as a preparation for law school. I do love languages (computer or otherwise), but I'm terrible at the accent part, everything comes out with a Bronx accent.

Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
N'oublie pas qu'il a Charles en tant que français pour traduire si besoin ou faire des remontées.

Puis ne pas oublier que les forums dédiés MMORPG sont le coeur de cible de CSE et donc de MJ, en terme de comm et donc de pub pour le jeu. Normal donc de le voir souvent lurk ou répondre sur ces forums, et en particulier sur JOL qui est la référence FR.
Yep, I do have Charles and other people to help which is why I am open to a AMA.

Citation :
Publié par Fendriss
et google trad quoi qu'on en dise marche relativement bien pour traduire ce genre de truc, on comprend très bien
Yep, not perfect but not bad, it's a lot better than it used to be, that's for sure.

Citation :
Publié par kerloken
C'est une hypothèse, tout comme celle de penser qu'il comprendrait suffisamment le français (ça m'étonnerait, on le saurait depuis longtemps) ou ait traduit lui même avec Google (ça m'étonnerait ses réponse sont trop précises pour éviter les approximations qu'il aurait pu rencontrer).

S'il ne faudrait pas faire de procès d'intention dans un sens (c'est à dire, faire une réponse en français), il ne faudrait pas non plus prendre d'autres hypothèses pour des certitudes (avec le peu de présence légitime ou pas, comment savoir si c'est bien Charles qui lui a fait remonter l'information ?)

Autant demander au principal intéressé, mais a-t-on vraiment du temps à perdre avec ça ?
Yeah, if I spoke/read/write French I would have visited long ago or if somebody had asked, but nobody had asked until Torkaal just did on our Forums.

------
To everybody, greetings from beautiful, downtown Fairfax, Va.

Edit: I'm seeing something weird on my post, I wrote ", but nobody had asked until Torkaal just did on our Forums. " and it looks fine in the editor but when I look at it on the forums, it seems to be cutting out words. Are you folks seeing the full phrase?

Dernière modification par Zuleika ; 23/08/2017 à 20h20.
Yup we are seeing the full phrase, well at least i do .

It is good to see that CSE really care about theyr community and provide answers even to the most buttheaded one

Merci MJ d'être passé nous faire coucou sur le forum, n'hésite pas à revenir ou intervenir dans les sujets même si ça ne doit pas être facile avec la barrière de la langue.
Citation :
Publié par Shikaru
Yup we are seeing the full phrase, well at least i do .

It is good to see that CSE really care about theyr community and provide answers even to the most buttheaded one

Merci MJ d'être passé nous faire coucou sur le forum, n'hésite pas à revenir ou intervenir dans les sujets même si ça ne doit pas être facile avec la barrière de la langue.
Thanks. I know it's hard for some people, including myself, to trust developers. I can't claim perfection, but I made a promise a long time ago to be honest with people. Sometimes I can't say certain things (like when I was at EA) and sometimes I can't say things for Human Resources (HR) or legal reasons, but it's something I have stuck to throughout my career. Again, I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've always cared about the communities of my/our various games, that's why I continued to spend time on MOP, MMORPG, and our Forums even after the Kickstarter funded. I know that there were more than a few people on the Internet who said "As soon as the KS ends, watch MJ vanish!" Well, I didn't. I continued to post on places at all hours of the day/night because, well, as I've always said, I enjoy doing so as long as people stay away from personal attacks and being rude. I try very hard not to be rude, and I'm way less snarky than I was in 2000 when some folks were trolling us for both personal and professional reasons.

In terms of the French community in particular and the European community as a whole, as I posted on our Forums, I promised during the Kickstarter that I wouldn't license Camelot Unchained to any publisher/distributor and that all the North American and European servers would not be region-locked. I've kept those promises by not pursuing any licensing deal for Camelot Unchained, and I will continue to honor those promises and my word, now and forever, even though I'm potentially turning down a lot of money (as the good folks at Artcraft got when they licensed their upcoming Crowfall).

If I might take this opportunity to also say that it's important for folks to distinguish the word "promise" from statements I or other developers might make. When I use the word promise, which I don't do a lot, it means a lot to me. I will do everything I can to honor a promise, so:

While I'm posting here, I do promise to stick around here as long as folks please keep in mind my desire to have polite exchanges, even when we disagree about things and that while I can't promise I'll be here every day, especially on all the topics (I can't do that on our Forums). I would be happy to do AMAs at times or set up discussions/threads where that can be done as long as Mods can keep things in line. Criticism is fine, disagreements are fine, but please folks, let's keep them polite and I generally won't talk in-depth about Dark Age of Camelot or WAR simply because of the time involved.

I hope this sounds good to the folks that post here.

Dernière modification par MJacobs ; 22/08/2017 à 22h41.
Message supprimé par son auteur.
Citation :
Publié par Peuck
Bonjour MJacobs, content de vous voir arriver ici.

J'espère que votre présence ici permettra d’éclaircir certains points obscures du développement de CU que j'attends avec peut être un peu trop d'impatience. Excusez moi de ne pas parler un mot de la langue de Shakespeare.

Cordialement .
Hiya Peuck! Of course I excuse you for not speaking the language of Shakespeare (though the Brits accuse us "colonials" of not speaking a proper English anyway!), since I don't speak more than a few words of French. And by a few word, I mean, like 3 or 4.

Thanks for the greeting, best to you as well!

Edit: And I forgot to say, I'm happy to answer some questions while I'm here.

Dernière modification par MJacobs ; 22/08/2017 à 23h02.
you are obviously welcome here !

The only question I have right know concern the beta 1 date, so I don't asking it...

keep working like you already do at CSE, keep communicate like you do right know, it's just fine !
Citation :
Publié par JahPoussin
you are obviously welcome here !

The only question I have right know concern the beta 1 date, so I don't asking it...

keep working like you already do at CSE, keep communicate like you do right know, it's just fine !
Thanks for the kind words, we'll do just that.

And as to Beta 1, I know it sounds like a broken record, but we will announce the date once we know we will be ready to go on that date and that will happen once we can sign off on the new ability and animation systems and the improved VFX systems. That's one of the main reasons for the Big Bot Battle tests, to stress those systems as well as our network code. There is nothing like having 2K Bots in a small space to really see if your systems are working as well as they should be working. I'm looking forward to the next test when we introduce technicolor Bots which will stress things even more because each of the Bots now has a unique model thanks to how they are being rendered. We also added some additional debugging information so that our players have some of the key information they will need to determine if any problems they were experiencing are on our end, their end, or combination of the above. This is especially useful for our Backers outside of the US who may have to hop through a number of countries before they even go across the pond to reach our AWS servers.

BTW, we will also soon be running tests on AWS instances in Europe and make the US players cross the pond to play on servers in your part of the world. It's about time some of those folks see how it feels to gone transatlantic too!
Citation :
Publié par JahPoussin
yeah, I know all of this, my previous post was more a joke than other thing. we are all on starting block... Waiting is hard, but necessary.
LOL, waiting is hard, waiting while working on the game is even harder! Nobody wants to see this game in Beta 1 more than me.
Citation :
Publié par Fendriss
Can you tell us if there is a potential winner?

(yes, I tried )
Well played!

The real winner will be the players of Camelot Unchained since Beta 1 will be so very different from Alpha, as the document that we are currently releasing shows. This will not be a "just run over and help in stress tests" Beta 1 when we meet the goals laid out in that document. We want all our of Backers to see what the rest of Alpha and Beta 1 will be like and the document lays that out.

I hope our Backers like it, I think that they will, especially certain sections.
Good morning, Mr. Jacobs.
Happy to see you here and thank you for taking a little of your time to see us.

You know here almost all posters are old daoc. For many, including myself, this was their first time. An experience quite extraordinary for all of us.
Hence the hopes are enormous for CU. (Which causes in some many "frustrations")
Do you feel, measure it?

PS. Merci google trad
Just wanna say, even if some ppl thought it was not a good game, thx a lot (i mean A LOT) for all those fun years on Age of reckoning (hein torkall c'était bien warhammer )
Citation :
Publié par bitcha
Just wanna say, even if some ppl thought it was not a good game, thx a lot (i mean A LOT) for all those fun years on Age of reckoning (hein torkall c'était bien warhammer )
+1000

Welcome here MJ and thx for all this fun you provide to us for many years. Daoc and WAR are my best MMO memories (with EvE). I hope you will bring more with CU (quickly, need beta !).
Citation :
Publié par MJacobs
Thanks. I know it's hard for some people, including myself, to trust developers. I can't claim perfection, but I made a promise a long time ago to be honest with people. Sometimes I can't say certain things (like when I was at EA) and sometimes I can't say things for Human Resources (HR) or legal reasons, but it's something I have stuck to throughout my career. Again, I'm human, I make mistakes, but I've always cared about the communities of my/our various games, that's why I continued to spend time on MOP, MMORPG, and our Forums even after the Kickstarter funded. I know that there were more than a few people on the Internet who said "As soon as the KS ends, watch MJ vanish!" Well, I didn't. I continued to post on places at all hours of the day/night because, well, as I've always said, I enjoy doing so as long as people stay away from personal attacks and being rude. I try very hard not to be rude, and I'm way less snarky than I was in 2000 when some folks were trolling us for both personal and professional reasons.

In terms of the French community in particular and the European community as a whole, as I posted on our Forums, I promised during the Kickstarter that I wouldn't license Camelot Unchained to any publisher/distributor and that all the North American and European servers would not be region-locked. I've kept those promises by not pursuing any licensing deal for Camelot Unchained, and I will continue to honor those promises and my word, now and forever, even though I'm potentially turning down a lot of money (as the good folks at Artcraft got when they licensed their upcoming Crowfall).

If I might take this opportunity to also say that it's important for folks to distinguish the word "promise" from statements I or other developers might make. When I use the word promise, which I don't do a lot, it means a lot to me. I will do everything I can to honor a promise, so:

While I'm posting here, I do promise to stick around here as long as folks please keep in mind my desire to have polite exchanges, even when we disagree about things and that while I can't promise I'll be here every day, especially on all the topics (I can't do that on our Forums). I would be happy to do AMAs at times or set up discussions/threads where that can be done as long as Mods can keep things in line. Criticism is fine, disagreements are fine, but please folks, let's keep them polite and I generally won't talk in-depth about Dark Age of Camelot or WAR simply because of the time involved.

I hope this sounds good to the folks that post here.

Traduction rapide et certainement améliorable (un passage que je n'ai pas saisi au niveau des AMA).

Merci. Je sais c'est difficile pour certaines personnes et je m'inclus dedans, de croire les développeurs. Je ne peux demander la perfection, mais j'ai fait la promesse il y a longtemps d'être sincère envers les gens. Par moment je ne pouvais révéler certaines informations (notamment quand j'étais chez EA), parfois je ne peux le dire pour des raisons confidentielles ou légales, mais c'est un principe auquel je suis toujours resté fidèle dans ma carrière. Encore une fois, je suis un être humain, je commets des erreurs, mais j'ai toujours apporté une attention particulière aux communautés de mes/nos jeux, c'est la raison pour laquelle je continue à passer du temps sur les MOP, MMORPG et sur nos forums bien après que le kickstarter ait été financé. Je sais qu’il y en a eu plus d’un sur la toile pour dire « dès que le KS sera fini, regardez comment MJ va s’évanouir dans la nature ». Et bien je ne l’ai pas fait ! J’ai continué de poster à toute heure du jour ou de la nuit parce que, comme je l’ai toujours dit, j’aime le faire tant que gens restent corrects et ne font pas d’attaques personnelles. J’essaie fortement de rester courtois et je suis meme plus posé qu’en 2000 quand certains nous trollaient pour des raisons personnelles et professionnelles.

Concernant la communauté française en particulier et la communauté européenne dans l'ensemble, comme je l'ai posté sur nos Forums, j'ai promis pendant le Kickstarter que je n'accorderais pas la licence de Camelot Uchained à un éditeur/distributeur tant que tous les serveurs Nord-américains et européens ne seraient pas verrouillés en local. J’ai tenu mes promesses quant au fait de ne pas vendre ou de faire de deal commercial pour CU et je continuerai d’honorer ces promesses aujourd’hui et pour toujours, même si cela peut représenter une somme d’argent importante (ce que les gens d'Artcraft ont pu récolter quand ils ont licencié leur projet Crowfall).

Je saisi également cette occasion pour dire que c'est important pour des gens de distinguer le mot "la promesse" de déclarations que je ou d'autres développeurs pourraient faire. Quand j'utilise le mot promesse, que je ne fais pas beaucoup, ça compte énormément pour moi. Je ferai tout ce que je peux pour honorer une promesse, donc faites-moi confiance.

Pendant que je poste ici, je promets de garder un œil sur cette section aussi longtemps que les gens gardent à l’esprit que mon souhait est d’avoir des échanges courtois, même si nos avis divergent. Je ne peux pas vous promettre de passer ici tous les jours, et sur tous les topics (je ne le fais déjà pas sur nos forums de CU). Je serai heureux de répondre à toutes vos questions par moments tant que les modérateurs peuvent tenir le fil du sujet. La critique est bénéfique, les désaccords le sont aussi, mais gardez à l’esprit s’il vous plait, de le faire de manière courtoise et en principe je ne m’étendrai pas sur DAOC ou War simplement à cause du temps passé.

J’espère que cela vous convient de poster ici.

Dernière modification par Alysion Brangwin ; 23/08/2017 à 12h00.
Welcome on board @MJ !
I am pleased to see you on JOL sharing with us your comments and clarifying points with some of the grumpiest french representative.
I hope to see more productive discussion during this long period waiting beta 1
AMA = Ask Me Anything = Demandez-moi ce que vous voulez
A ma connaissance le terme vient de Reddit ou sur ces sujets, l'auteur du thread répond à toutes les questions des participants pendant un laps de temps donné
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés