Serveur Mercury & création de comptes

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Quelques news :
- Le serveur Mercury va fermer fin août.
- On en apprends un peu plus sur le travail mené par les volontaires pour remettre en place le système de création de comptes.

Citation :
Future of Mercury - PLEASE READ!

Hello,

The following information is not easy to deliver, however this action must be taken for the benefit of our ongoing restructuring to the Neocron Service.

The German 4 slot server "Mercury" will be permanently shut down on 25th August 2012. Please ensure you take screenshots of important information such as your character's skills (each section of the F5 window) and any important in game E-Mails. We also reccomend you take screenshots of anything you wish to keep a memory of from your time on Mercury.

The character data from Mercury will be securely backed up and stored once the server is taken offline. We will then provide a secure transfer for characters on the Mercury server. In order to prevent further damage to the economy of the desination server; the Inventory (including implants and armour), GoGuardian and Appartments of characters will not be transfered. Only the character itself and its related skills will be moved.

We appreciate this news may be hard to accept, but offer this partial transfer as a compromise securing your investment of time leveling your characters.

Neocron Support Team
---

Citation :
Account creation

...it's being built from the ground up as it didn't function properly when it was "working" not to mention we're implementing new features. We are also doing it for free in our own time.

To be fair, you may have noticed that between then and now our servers came under attack, went black for almost an entire week and were restored and moved to more reliable hosting as soon as possible

You may also know that this, like pretty much everything else, was/is done by us volunteers who invest a lot into making this place better than it was yesterday - day after day. Not only do we pour in sickening amounts of time, we also put up money and provide infrastructure to give a Neocron service to the community that is as reliable and fun as can be given the circumstances we are facing.

It can be frustrating, having to wait. It is a PITA when promises are made or timeframes suggested and not kept.
I did say that account creation was our top priority - and apart from that unplanned event of the forums, launcher and gameservers getting nuked - presumably by some "former community member", it has remained so. I also said we want to bring account management to you this week and other members of the team have done a marvelous job on rewriting the backend for account management from scratch this week (a little thumbs up to Zoltan and ArkHive here!).

We are committed to get this thing out there ASAP, but sooner than that is not going to happen.

I'm writing this post after just having finished a 2 hour emergency conference with a fellow developer because a client called in, Sunday 10pm, reporting a major issue with a large install. I would have liked to tell them to wait because I'm busy working on the new Neocron Launcher and plead them to ask their customers to patiently wait in line... sadly thats not how things work in my world.

I am now, Monday morning at 0:45am, getting back to where I left of earlier, finishing up on the account management frontend.
... and while I am truly sorry for every delay caused, be assured that these delays frustrate me just as much as they frustrate you.

All will be good soon™

Citation :
We've had internal discussions on what to share and when and we will continue to be as open about our plans and activity as the greater scheme of things permit. Right now we are in a transition period and have to get a few things out of the way still, once that is dealt with, I am confident that we can provide you with a better overview of what we have planned
Right now it is not the right time though. You've surely read the announcement regarding Mercury - let's take it from there (expect more details to come this month).

Mokoi
Neocron Support Team
N E O C R O N . C O M
Citation :
Also, please bear in mind that there is no "KK" development team anymore, so anything that is accomplished is done so with the help and spare time of a small number of incredible people behind the scenes (my hat is off to all of you guys - you know who you are). It's very difficult to say with any accuracy what will happen or when in such circumstances, and you know how we feel about "breaking promises".

"We have plans" is the theme these days. Some things you know about and some you don't... yet. It's all good though.

English Community Liaison
Reakktor Media Community Team
Twitter: KK_Nidhogg
"Thanks for stopping by."
Ça avance.

Citation :
A short status update:

The front- and backend for the account creation are now fully functional and have passed initial testing a few minutes ago.
We will now conduct a code review and another round of internal testing. If new issues arise, they will have to be dealt with of course, but other than that we are getting really close to opening the gates once again, to allow new players and returning vets to join the fun.

There is no set release time or date, but we will of course re-enable account creation as soon as possible.

Last edited by Mokoi; Today at 05:09.

Mokoi
Neocron Support Team
N E O C R O N . C O M
Je devrais avoir un retour de la situation par Kirk Lenke après la Gamescom.
Donc je posterai une news, j'ai déjà une première réponse de la part d'un membre du (admin serveur) support de Neocron.
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés