Dragon Con 2017, quid?

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
c'est ce qu'il avait annoncé. Mais c'est clair qu'on ne peut qu'être déçu.
Unless you saw 2,500 Bots running around, while on a laptop, through crappy hotel bandwidth and still maintaining a high FPS.

You do know that no other game in the universe can do what we can do and we showed that to everybody who attended the show?

BTW, as I said on our Forums, there were a number of industry professionals in on our panel and they were blown away by what they saw. And all of them agreed that no engine they have ever seen can do what ours can do right now, in Alpha. Even the rendering part, which is only slightly less difficult, only a few teams can do, but the networking part, nobody else can do.

You may be disappointed by this but it really depends on whether you care about the future/longevity of the game or the announcement date for Beta 1. If you are all about the later, yep, you can be disappointed that we didn't announce the date. OTOH, if you care about the former, we just proved, again, that our engine will handle the demands of this game and when we launch, we can launch in a way that will justify our Backers' faith and patience.
Citation :
Publié par MJacobs
I think you did not understand the disappointment in our reviews. The number of bot is impressive but known, and we are agree on the importance of having mass fighting with few lags and stable.

Where people are disappointed, it is on the content that one would have hoped to see for a conference where you are moving. that's all. But as I said, you had announced it. So nothing to do with any beta announcement or not.
Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
I think you did not understand the disappointment in our reviews. The number of bot is impressive but known, and we are agree on the importance of having mass fighting with few lags and stable.

Where people are disappointed, it is on the content that one would have hoped to see for a conference where you are moving. that's all. But as I said, you had announced it. So nothing to do with any beta announcement or not.
Star Citizen's panel featured two guys (one writer, one community manager) talking, Q&A, and one piece of concept art of a "speeder" that you can buy. Most of their answers to questions were "Maybe, don't know, don't ask about 3.0 or the game's release"

Our panel featured the two co-founders of the studio, the co-designer of the game, a LIVE session of the game (not a video), and an extended Q&A. We answered every question from the technical to the design. We had not announced/hinted/teased that we were going to do anything special at Dragon Con and I had specifically said that we were not going to announce anything or spend a lot of time on the presentation. Dragon Con is not E3, Gamescom, etc. yet our studio had the two co-founders talking about their game/studio.

Based on the reaction of the guests, nobody there was disappointed. If you and other people are, that's because you were expecting something that I said we weren't going to do. I didn't even talk about the LIVE play session until I was sure that it would work on the convention's bandwidth (which is notoriously bad) because I didn't want to disappoint them. And I was clear to our Backers (as you know), that we also weren't going to announce anything there because I didn't want to disappoint them.

I'm sorry you're disappointed but we did what we did more than we said we were going to do, so any disappointment you feel is not our fault (this time). We were clear, open, and honest about what we were going to do at Dragon Con.
Citation :
Publié par MJacobs
I know, that's what I said, you had announced it, so no surprise. So I'm not disappointed for that, you said it right here.
I just regret the content, and the link you gave on the official forum that shows only a few images of the conference, no transcription of the questions / answers asked at the DragonCon, it could have been interesting. Maybe you'll talk about it in the next wrap up?
Citation :
Publié par Torkaal
I know, that's what I said, you had announced it, so no surprise. So I'm not disappointed for that, you said it right here.
I just regret the content, and the link you gave on the official forum that shows only a few images of the conference, no transcription of the questions / answers asked at the DragonCon, it could have been interesting. Maybe you'll talk about it in the next wrap up?
We don't have a transcription of the questions asked, almost nobody does that at a show like this. You folks get to ask me questions almost every week during our updates and, as you know, even if you can't attend, there are Backers who will ask your questions for you. Believe me, you didn't miss anything other than seeing the game run on a laptop with crappy bandwidth.

The images from the document were just a Top Tenish for the year since we were at Dragon Con, folks such as yourself have heard them all before.
Citation :
Publié par MJacobs
Believe me, you didn't miss anything other than seeing the game run on a laptop with crappy bandwidth.
Ok Mark, no pb.
I hope that next year we will get a big boost for the next edition
Your engine is awesome Mark, but you know the players, they want to know more and more about the actual game

If by next year's Dragon Con you're still bragging about what your engine can do, I think they have all rights to be pissed.
there are not several solutions:
- either CU releases the beta 1 in 2 months, everyone is happy but after 2 weeks of beta, everyone screams and the adventure is over
- either CU releases the beta 1 in 1 year, everyone yells but after to the exit everyone is happy and the adventure can finally begin for us during the infinite and beyond

I clearly prefer the second solution, it's a bit like Pascal's Wager
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés