Communication officielle : SOE récupère les droits de Vanguard !

Fil fermé
Partager Rechercher
Et voila, en direct du forum officiel SOE :

source :http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/po...?topic_id=9105

Hello Everyone,

Today I would like to formally announce that SOE has acquired the assets of Sigil Games Online, including Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. As a part of this acquisition, we are bringing on approx 50 people from Sigil in order to insure that Vanguard continues to grow. SOE is dedicated to making sure that Vanguard is well taken care of and that we provide the same level of service we do for our other titles. In the near future we will come out with a publishing plan that will largely be driven by the strong player community that Vanguard has already built up. We plan on supporting Vanguard for many years to come, and you can expect many content updates as part of your subscription. Down the line we will of course be coming out with new expansion packs, but right now the focus is on making sure Vanguard is running the way it should be.

We are also officially opening up forums. In the past, our deal with Sigil didn't allow for this, but as with our other games we fill this is an important part of communicating with the playerbase. You can expect a strong presence from our community team as well as the development team members. While we realize that Sigil had said they wouldn't open up general forums, at SOE we fill this hampers our efforts to communicate effectively with the players. We will continue to support the fansites in a big way, and will be contacting many of them directly to discuss what this change means. By no means do we want to lose the strong fansite support by making this change, but we do think it's important to have a forum for players to communicate directly with SOE.

A few other items I wanted to mention

1. Brad McQuaid will be consultant to SOE as a creative advisor for Vanguard. Dave Gilbertson will be the person directly responsible for the day-to-day management of both the Sigil Carlsbad office as well as Vanguard.

2. We do not plan on making any major changes to Vanguard. Any changes are going to come from the team itself. We aren't mandating any big changes to the game. We've learned a thing or two with our experiences with the NGE and don't plan on repeating mistakes from the past and not listening to the players.

3. We do plan on spending a lot of time cleaning up legacy issues with Vanguard and making sure the game's performance improves.

By way of comparison, this team is approx. the same size as the EQ2 team and I feel like that team has done an amazing job improving EQ2 since it's launch. We intend to do the same thing for Vanguard and it is our hope that the players feel like we're doing right by them.

Smed
De rien, j'était impatient de savoir moi aussi et quand j'ai vu la comm', j'ai pas pu m'empecher de faire partager.

Quand pensez vous sinon ? Moi je trouve que c'est plutot encourageant non ?

HS
J'ai interet a profiter de mon cleric ubber moi,lol

/HS
On a enfin du concret, des news officielles, on sait qui est mis sur la touche, qui prend le relais, avec combien de personnes.

Donc rien que pour cela je dirai oui il y a une avancée.

Maintenant on jugera sur pièce leur boulot.
Quel sera le prochain "GOUROU" avec SA VISION des MMPORG à se planter en beauté? la réponse au prochain épisode

Je te fais VERANT je le vend a SOE

Je te fais SIGIL je le vend a SOE

allez jamais 2 sans 3
Brad au placard ( consultant créatif c'est pour dire ), conservation de 50 employés ( mais combien de virés ), grand plan de "nettoyage du code" pour stabiliser le jeu, ouverture d'un forum officiel, une petite référence à la catastrophe du NGE pour rassurer les joueurs actuels.

Espérons que ça se ressente vite, et qu'un trial de qualité arrive en même temps qu'un gros add-on/patch pour relancer un peu le jeu.
"We do not plan on making any major changes to Vanguard. Any changes are going to come from the team itself. We aren't mandating any big changes to the game. We've learned a thing or two with our experiences with the NGE and don't plan on repeating mistakes from the past and not listening to the players."
haha énorme j'avais peur qu'ils ne gâchent Vanguard comme ils l'ont fait avec SWG mais la je suis soulagé et puis ca fait plaisir qu'ils reconnaissent leur erreur.
Sinon ils ont gardés pas mal de personnes de chez Sigil donc le jeu devrais a peu prés suivre les même objectifs qu'avec l'équipe de Sigil...
je pense que c'est la meilleure chose qui pouvait arriver à vanguard : une compagnie connue, avec des reins solides et un management efficace, qui le reprends en main.

le jeu est bon, le contenu est la sauf le raid (et ya de quoi faire jusqu'au 50 inclu), le coté graphique est plus que solide, manque juste un bon moteur et la suppression des problemes de base que les joueurs signalent, ce que soe va faire.

dommage pour sigil, mais on fait pas un bon mmo sans expérience maintenant... n'est pas mythic qui veut.
Citation :
Publié par Le Vagabond
dommage pour sigil, mais on fait pas un bon mmo sans expérience maintenant... n'est pas mythic qui veut.

l'expérience ils l'avaient, hein ^^
et le jeu en lui même est bon, a mon avis
mais .... pas fini et mal dirigé

je leur souhaite de reussir et de le relancer le jeu, il le merite. Ce sera certes sans moi desormais, mais ceux qui y joue et qui veulent encore y jouer serait deçu. Un note positive donc, meme si clairement je pense que ce jeu ne reunira pas les joueurs qu'il aurait pu acceuillir si tout avait etait present des le debut (et là je me repete une dernière fois ^^ ) : traduction, gestion ville, hall guilde, montures volantes, casques, bon pvp, et combat navales. Ah si seulement tout ça avait etait present au lancement !!!! je suis sur que les bugs et l'optimisation auraient moins fait fuir.
SOE n'a pas de temps a perdre. Y a les geant du mmo qui arrive bientot (EA Mythic, NCSoft, Funcom)!
"Premeditated or not. Gank or not. 20 vs 5 or 5 vs 5 or 3 vs 36 or 1 vs 1. You are at war with each other. Live with it and die by it. Welcome to Lineage 2. War has no rules" -Plague30-
Le communiqué est plutôt encourageant et me redonne un certain espoir pour l'avenir de Vanguard.

Reste à savoir si les actions vont suivre les paroles. Mais apriori, c'est vraiment encourageant.
Ouf je respire.

Tout à fait ce que j'éspèrais surtout pour les priorités que se fixe SOE.

Au boulot maintenant !
j'aime bien l'entete du forum VG chez SOE... si ça pouvait etre un signe pour la version FR... (en dehors de ce qu'a dit Elrar)

Citation :
Welcome to the Official Vanguard Saga of Heroes Forums
Bienvenue sur les forums officiels de Vanguard Saga of Heroes
Willkommen zu den offiziellen Vanguard Saga of Heroes Foren!
Voici le communiqué de presse officiel de Sony :

Citation :
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES LEADING ONLINE GAMES STUDIO -- SIGIL GAMES ONLINE

SOE Strengthens Portfolio with State-of-the-Art Development Studio & its Marquee Game Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

May 15, 2007 San Diego, CA – Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE), a global leader in the online games industry, today announced that it has completed a transaction to purchase key assets of Sigil Games Online, Inc. Through the deal, SOE now owns Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Sigil’s tentpole property, a highly-successful massively multiplayer online game. The Sigil acquisition also builds on SOE’s successful strategy of cultivating game development studios around the world to further boost the company’s capabilities. The announcement was made by John Smedley, President, Sony Online Entertainment.

As part of the acquisition, a majority of the Sigil team will join SOE, integrating into SOE’s worldwide group of studios which includes offices in San Diego, Seattle, Austin, Denver, Los Angeles and Taiwan. The acquisition will strengthen SOE’s position as a leader in the online gaming space by expanding the company’s portfolio of gaming offerings.

“With an unparalleled team and exceptional product, Sigil has been a creative force in the online games space. We look forward to continuing the vision for Vanguard and to continue to deliver some groundbreaking game play,” said Smedley.

In May 2006, SOE acquired the title’s rights and the two companies agreed to co-publish Vanguard. The MMO launched in late January of this year and has sold nearly 200,000 retail and digital units worldwide. Sigil CEO and Vanguard creator, Brad McQuaid will become a consultant with SOE as Vanguard Creative Advisor.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes takes place in the fantasy setting of Telon, a vast and ancient world of magic, intrigue and adventure where thousands of players from around the world have formed a steadfast community exploring the grandeur of a world crafted by the seminal fantasy artist Keith Parkinson. The game introduced many groundbreaking new features and an art direction second to none.

About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers around the globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its blockbuster franchises and hit titles including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, Untold Legends™, and PlanetSide®, as well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies™, SOE continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional development studios in Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, and Taiwan, SOE has an array of cutting-edge games in development. SOE is owned by Sony Pictures Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment America.

SOE, the SOE logo, EverQuest and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Untold Legends is a trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC.

Source

[edit] A noter la précision que Vanguard s'est vendu "a pratiquement 200 000 exemplaires" (détail+online). Ce qui est correct mais très loin des espérances de Brad "joint de moquette" Mc Quaid. Il ne doit probablement pas rester plus de la moitié de ce chiffre d'abonnés.

Le truc c'est que si Sony est effectivement arrivé a se débarrasser de la dette de Sigil (en ne rachetant que le jeu, et en embauchant les "ex" employés de Sigil, Sony évite la dette) par ce contournement, ils se retrouvent propriétaires d'un jeu "en beta" très avancé, avec une énorme base de graphismes, sons, code, modèles etc..., une équipe de 50 personnes déjà formée et une clientèle de 100 000 joueurs (peut être moins mais bon).

Pas forcement une mauvaise affaire en fin de compte, le gros oeuvre est déjà fait, il ne reste plus qu'a affiner tout ça, façon EQ2 post-live.
Ca ne fera jamais un concurrent à wow, mais ça peut parfaitement faire un jeu de niche raisonnablement lucratif. A terme.
Je suis très content de cette nouvelle moi qui vient de recommencer VG et qui avait un peu peur pour sa suite, je suis soulagé ^^. J'espère (et je pense) que SoE fera son mieux avec et ce jeu ^^ et longue vie à Vanguard !
Tout ces gens contents ? Doivent pas connaitre ce qui est arrivé à SWG ! M'enfin comme on dit wait and see, de toute facon ce mmo ne m'interesse plus, pas eu la magie nécessaire pour m'accrocher ...
Je maintiens EXCELLENTE nouvelle pour le jeu, et je sais ce qui est arrivé a SWG je vois aussi le bon redressement MxO. Non je pense tres sincerement que c'est une bonne nouvelle que j'attendais pour ma part depuis le lancement.
Bonne chance SOE
Je souhaite bonne chance à SOE. Le travail est colossal. Vanguard est un arbre qui a poussé tout croche. Ça va prendre un méchant tuteur pour le redresser.

Je fais partis des gens qui ont arrêté le jeu. Ce n'est pas cette nouvelle qui me fera revenir.
Si je suis personellement relativement heureux que SOE prenne les choses en main, je crois qu'il ne faut toutefois pas oublier que si Vanguard a ete rachete c'est que sous sa forme actuelle il ne vaut pas grand chose.
Par consequent, je pense que SoE va dans les prochains mois s'appliquer a faire son possible pour democratiser le jeu, lui donner un gameplay agreable, accessible, et donc revoir toutes les classes, l'artisanat et la diplo.
Au final, pour les fans de la premiere heure qui mettaient en avant qu'ils jouaient a un jeu "hardcore" (ouais enfin tout est relatif hein), difficile a jouer etc etc....je crains que le temps des desillusions n'arrive bien vite et qu'ils se retrouvent avec un WoW/EQ2 bis.
Perso, je ne m'en plains pas. J'accueille a bras ouvert ce changement, s'il a lieu.

Au passage, un post par un des devs sur ce qu'il s'est passe

Citation :
Publié par Nino
There is much I would love to unload about right now, but seeing as I am feeling pretty emotional while trying to respect the wishes of remaining Vanguard management, I will refrain.

I knew this was coming months ago, as did most others, so I made arrangements prior to the whole unfolding of events today. Sony was kind enough to invite me and a few others to form a small team and to start prototyping a 'new' project. While we've done some 'secret' preliminary work, we begin in earnest tomorrow after we officially sign on with SOE. Don't bother asking about details, because you won't get any.

I became increasingly disenfranchised with the situation since the forced premature launch, which then culminated several weeks back when I decided I could not, in good conscience, continue serving the Sigil management staff in my over-extended capacity and stepped down. I would have walked away completely if this recent opportunity had not presented itself when it did.

I did the best I could with the time and resources I had at my disposal, but in the end it simply wasn't enough to bring the game up to the standards we all had hoped for in the time we had remaining. I apologize for any disappointments players have experienced. During the final year, I was pulling 80-100 hour weeks, and I was not at all alone in the building. I wish things could have been different.

While I was fortunate to stay employed, there were near 50 people today who were not, and it was painful watching the procession of stunned coworkers packing their belongings into little cardboard boxes with blank looks on their faces. I've never had to endure something like this, and I hope to never have to do it again. I know it is easy to point fingers at 'why' things ended up this way, but the vast, vast majority of the folks losing their jobs today had very little control on how events unfolded and many were skilled and creative people who simply wanted to make a great game.

The Vanguard team, obviously now much smaller, will go back to improving and fixing the game tomorrow. Myself and four others will be moving to a new location and beginning anew. The others will begin the process of trying to find a new place to work.

I promised not to be publically scornful, but I will say this: I hope those truly responsible for the deep rooted failings of the company lay in bed tonight and relive the events that transpired today in their heads, over and over. For not ONE of you is without your job come tomorrow morning.
Les passages marquants sont en gras.
Citation :
Publié par deezyn
Tout ces gens contents ? Doivent pas connaitre ce qui est arrivé à SWG !
en même temps faut pas se leurrer, c'est ça ou c'est l'arrêt de Vanguard. Après ; Soe a fait vraiment du bon boulot sur Eq2 donc laissons leur une chance.
Fil fermé

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés