Hydre de fomor

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
vivi GTAE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

et n oubliezpas ..les voiders sont les seuls a toucher tous les gros mobs sur SI

A bonnn COOOOLLLLL

Citation :
yep, vive les eld void .... enfin ceux qui ont pas respec ....

Yooo pas respec et mon eld es Spe vide bon pas encore assez haute pour SI elle n'es que 32, je pense qui faut qu'elle soit plus haute, j'ai remarquer mais je peu me trompée que les mobs sur SI c autour de DOM jusqu'au 23 et après c'est pas avzant le 40, si des personnes savent où trouver des mobs entre le 25 et le 40 en me disant les linker et les non linker, car y plus de chance que je pex solo qu'en groupe.

Citation :
Here is what I remember about the hydra, if I make any omissions, people can feel free to add detail, but I'll give a starting point. I only did 2 Hydra raids, the first we had 30, and we left without killing it, it was too slow. The second we brought 50 folks, kill took about 40 minutes, only about 3 deaths though, I'll explain why.

Mythraxxis (sp?) has a body, as well as 5 heads. Each head casts a specific spell over and over, the body as far as I can tell is melee only. The heads each melee as well, and hit for 300-600 a blow, at about a 4.0 spd delay (bladeturn blocks quite alot), and the heads can't double attack.

The attacks a recall:
1 head casts straight nukes,
1 head casts ae disease (this is obnoxious)
1 head casts stun (or ae stun, don't remember)
can't recall what the other heads cast.

There are also several traps on the floor of the actual lair room. These do minimal damage, but again are obnoxious, things like long duration bleed traps.

The room also has a monster called an acid bubble that sits in the water, which isn't killable. I do not recall if the acid bubble does anything; I believe it either melees or does a ae. The bubble is permarooted however, just like the Hydra.

The last enemy in the room is a wandering bubble of energy, that looks like a large void nuke flying around. It wanders a very predictable and specific path between the bridges. It never paths in front of the Hydra; and it is only visible with particles on. The void thing cannot be killed. Like the acid bubble, when Hydra dies, they despawn.

The heads have a very limited melee rnage, and you can quickly define the range of the head-melee and head-nukes/debuffs. The monster being permarooted is what makes this guy easy to kill without a grand plan, but it's somewhat slow.

Two critical things to note here:
1) You do not have to kill every head to kill the hydra. you can have more than 1 head alive. Killing the body kills the entire beast. However, as the heads die, the overall creature weakens (as explained below) so plan to kill heads too.
2) The heads do not "super ignore pain" thing you sometimes see Breanworts do, where the health bar jumps to 250% full when the monster is at 5% health. I do not know what causes this, or if it's intentional design.

Meleeing this guy early on is trouble, because generally people get stunned then a head kills them before the can get out of range, or they get 2 heads on them, etc. We have all the healers stand back in the cave, and heal from there. They remain in range of everyone, and can move in some with the bard as needed when you eventually do melee.

Here was my strategy for the second raid, after we tested a bunch of stuff out on the first raid. I told everyone in Droighaid (where the raid gathered) to buy 500 arrows. Tips do not matter, as the hydra is equally resistant to all melee (like 10% or some thing). Have people use only nukes and bows (GT AE nukes did well I believe) and just start shooting up the heads. You will graqdually see progress made on the heads, the more people firing the better it goes. You can concentrate on one head if you like, however, the hydra seems to use an ability like a cabalist life-transfer; a head that is not damaged significantly, will lose health, and a head taking alot of damage will gain health. Concetrating fire on one head, will basically cause all heads and body to lose health uniformly, as a result of this feature.

As I recall, we ended up with many heads around 30% and the body around 50%. At this point we concetrated fire very specifcally on one head, when the head hit 10%, we moved in with melee, and beat it down as fast as possible (since our melee damage was much higher) then we pulled back to the wall, and went back to bows. This approach worked very well, only like 1 guy died doing this method, and he got stunend and meleed down *shrug*. (Our other two deaths were people that lagged so badly they ran right into the dragon walking forward, can't help them there =P ).

Now, we got 1 head down, and then the next head we closed on, did the IP thing. Heck with killing that, move on. we killed two more heads without a problem. The 5th head also IP'd. At this point the body was at about 20%, the 2 living heads were at 100%+.

I decided to focus all damage on the body, using bows, and figured if the body IP'd, we try working the heads down again. We got the body down to 5% with bows (heads were also "healing" it slowly, but not fast enough to outdo our damage. At 5% we closed to melee, and finished it off. When the body died, the entire Hydra died, the void bubble despawned, and the acid bubble despawned. Note that since we never used the Hydra's "bridges" at all, the void bubble never affected us.

The rub is, the hydra dropped 2 poor-quality random object generator gems, and a L50 q100 weapon, if I remember right. The weapon was not ROG it was a loot table item, but it wasn't L51.

We had a total blast killing this one time, but there is really no itnerest on a return trip. It's a long fight, and using just bows isn't really very exciting. Most of our folks would prefer to do legion in the same amount of time (legion's actually alot faster, since the fight down is so much more straightforward than fomor) and you tend to get a bunch of seals on the way, as well as the nice legion drops. Anyways, hope the info helps, and hopefully others can fill in additional detail. THe encounter *is* definitely worth defeating at least once.
Voilà, bonne traduction, et comptes sur moi à la prochaine sortie contre l'hydre
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés