JeuxOnLineForumsPlusConnectés : 265 (sites) | 453 (forums)Créer un compte
Camelot Unchained
Forum général
Répondre
Partager Outils Rechercher
zac
Alpha & Oméga

Sur War, j'ai joué avec bonheur un squig cac aoe qui était très dévastateur, pourtant 95 % des joueurs jouaient cette classe à distance en ignorant tout son potentiel de mêlée. Ma question est de savoir si sur CU nous retrouverons ces archers capables d'évoluer autrement qu'à distance ?
seconde question, les morales de 1 à 4 permettaient des choix variés et d'intéressantes combinaisons, quelque chose de similaire sera t-il présent sur CU ?
Lien direct vers le message - Vieux
MJacobs

Président,
City State Entertainment

Ecuyer / Ecuyère

Citation:
Envoyé par Pouah Voir le message
Hello MJacobs ! I had very bad score in school because DAOC, I just want to tell you that's your full responsability
But I had also very good time on it! Just want to thank you about that ! And I'm quite happy that the BETA is coming soon

Seriously, I don't know if you are following DAOC and how the game change because EA and now Broadsword... but they made and makes shi... ! I liked how you seems someone "democratic" : listening everyone before the game launch... But during and after ? What will happen if you sell the game to another society like EA ? Do you think seriously about putting a pool in game about balance (classes) and player satisfaction ? A dynamic system like a kind of online election about important decision with big impact on the game ?

About DAOC, people played/play on free pirate server... on oldfrontier and with a queue on 2k players... more than 10 years after the launch... when the official server still want 15 dollars for playing an old game with nobody inside and silly change every 15 days. Hope will be not like this on CU and never free to play with online buy.
As to my responsibility for your grades at school, I hear things like that a lot.

In terms of Dark Age of Camelot/EA/Broadsword, I have no comment on that. My former partner and I aren't on speaking terms anymore based on his actions while I was at Mythic,EA, and afterward (though my wife delivered some choices words his way a few years ago). Thus, I cannot comment further other than to say that I am glad that there are free shards for Dark Age of Camelot that are quite good, and I wish them the best of luck!

As to selling CSE to another company, that can always happen with any business, though we aren't focusing on that. Back in 2005, our largest investor (with my partner's support) pushed me to sell the company and I was outvoted. As I've said a few times in interviews, I had two choices, quit or sell the company. I then spent the next year making the best deal I could that protected *all* of our employees and benefited the investors as well. That wasn't easy.

As to polls/surveys, yep, we use be using them as tools, even during Beta 1.

Citation:
Envoyé par LhommeoursPorc Voir le message
haha , génial.
greeting MJ nice to see you there
Thanks, good to be here!

Citation:
Envoyé par Tonnand Voir le message
Bon courage pour la suite ! ! J espère que le jeu sortira au plus vite pour des nouvelles batailles
Thanks! Battles will be happening, even before Beta 1. Should be fun.

Citation:
Envoyé par Torkaal Voir le message
En fait j'avais plus idée de faire un wiki regroupant les questions, ça permettrait ensuite de rajouter en dessous de chaque question, la réponse de MJ, dans un thread permanent et propre.
On pourrait en plus scinder les questions par thématiques, et ça donnerait une bonne lecture à tous ceux qui passent sur la section, plutôt que de se perdre à lire tous les sujets de la section.

Dis moi ce que tu en pense?
Makes sense to me.

Citation:
Envoyé par nanoko Voir le message
Excellente idee de les collecter, les deja posée seront supprimées, en redirection au wiki
Citation:
Envoyé par Skaan/Darck Voir le message
Oh oh welcome Mark !

But don't stay here and go open the door of the betaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !

I joke of course !

PS : I need a Skald in CU plz

Bye !
LOL, thanks! The Skald was a great class, I hope you like our classes as much as you did your Skald.

Citation:
Envoyé par zac Voir le message
Sur War, j'ai joué avec bonheur un squig cac aoe qui était très dévastateur, pourtant 95 % des joueurs jouaient cette classe à distance en ignorant tout son potentiel de mêlée. Ma question est de savoir si sur CU nous retrouverons ces archers capables d'évoluer autrement qu'à distance ?
seconde question, les morales de 1 à 4 permettaient des choix variés et d'intéressantes combinaisons, quelque chose de similaire sera t-il présent sur CU ?
Google Translate is having trouble with your questions. The English language version sort of makes sense but if my answer doesn't, maybe one of the folks here can do a better job of translating than Google. The folks helped, and so I'm editing this and responding.

In terms of the morale abilities, obviously I liked the mechanic for WAR. We'll be having a full class reveal for all of our Beta 1 classes and we will talk about it then. Sorry to be vague right now but I've been saying the same things to our Backers on our Forums.

In terms of archers only being archers, yes, our archers can be more than just long-range DPSers.

Dernière modification par MJacobs ; 23/08/2017 à 23h47.
Parseis
Légende

The translation should be something like:
" On war, I loved playing a squig melee aoe who was very efficient. But 95% of the players were playing that class as a distance, ignoring all it's melee potential. My question is about knowing if with CU we'll get those type of archers capable of doing things differently than just being a distance?
Second question, the 1 to 4 morals (??) were offering different choices and interesting combinations, will we have something similar with CU?"

I just don't know what are the "morales de 1 à 4", sounds like a mechanic from warhammer?
Fendriss [LoW]
Alpha & Oméga

He says that he used to play a very powerfull/efficient melee squid in Warhammer, while 95% of the population were playing ranged squids because they were not aware it could be that great for melee. So he wonders if archers in CU will be able to be decent/good in melee, or if it will be mandatory to play them from a distance.

Second question : in Warhammer there was 4 “morale” levels. He wonders if there will be something very close to that, giving many customization options.

I don't know if my english is clear, it was way better in french I think

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 24/08/2017 à 13h40.
Aiscence
Dauphin

Welcome Mark, you are really a patient and courageous man to do what you do!
MJacobs

Président,
City State Entertainment

Ecuyer / Ecuyère

Citation:
Envoyé par Fendriss Voir le message
He says that he used to play a very powerfull/efficient melee squid in Warhammer, while 95% of the population were playing ranged squids because they were not aware it could be that great for melee. So he wonders if archers in CU will be able to be decent/good in melee, or if it will be mandatory to play them from a distance.

Second question : in Warhammer there was 4 “morale” levels. He wonders if there will be something very close to that, giving many customization options.

I don't know if my english is clear, it was way better in french I think
Got it. I thought Google was having trouble and the word was coming out as "moral". I should have just checked the original French. I'll get better at this with time and patience. I modified my answer above.

Thanks for helping out.

Dernière modification par MJacobs ; 23/08/2017 à 23h49.
MJacobs

Président,
City State Entertainment

Ecuyer / Ecuyère

Citation:
Envoyé par Aiscence Voir le message
Welcome Mark, you are really a patient and courageous man to do what you do!
Don't forget, more than a little crazy too.
Pouah
Comte / Comtesse

Thanks for your answer Mj ! Wish you the best and more specially with CU
Glamdring Arathiel [PhX]
Prince / Princesse

I finally participate fairly little in the forums JOL and CU however I am of ready the news of CU and I run the forums daily. I take advantage of this thread to address the team of CU my encouragement.
The "game design" is splendid far from that of the "mangas" which does not really correpond to me and yet we can sometimes find here and there some subtle influences, gameplay, skill system, ect ... in short everything goes to me.
We are very excited to test all this in beta 1, to make our contribution to the finalization of this game which gathers all the hopes of a community in evil of a good big game rvr. We are orphans since DAOC and WAR.

Continue, but faster, look forward to the release
chewa
Dieu / Déesse supérieur(e)

Hello Mark,

First of all, thank you for coming here

As a player, I tend to believe that the genre of mmorpg went down since the past decade because of 1 main reason; the absence of discovery. The same universes, the same mechanics, the same daily and repetitive tasks, again and again....

But, 1 thing that is also contributing to the 'absence of discovery' is the way developers communicate to the players, or the business models they use for their games. Here I'm talking about the early access system, the multiple betas, the weekly or monthly reports during the development that explain what all has been done by the team and how the game is evolving.

Most of the time, the players know 80% of the game before it even gets released. And when they finally get to play it, it's not about 'discovering a game', it's all about consuming a content they already know.

I put lot of hope in CU, I'm not worrying about the content of the game, because I'm pretty sure that you will do a great job.

But dont you think that communicating too much (and publicly) about this content would actually kill this feeling of discovery that we all want to have when the game will finally be released ? Why not having the game under NDA ?

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 24/08/2017 à 13h33.
zac
Alpha & Oméga

le système de loock de capitale sur war était très mal fait pour trois raisons, la première, beaucoup de défenseurs perdaient exprès pour accéder à la bataille de la capitale, la deuxième, le défenseur pouvait changer autant de fois d'instances qu'il le voulait, pour ne plus avoir de grosse guilde en face, la troisième est qu'il avait les mêmes loots que les attaquants car toutes les instances étaient indépendantes du fait d'avoir perdu la capitale.
ma question : perdre récompensera aussi le joueur ou seules les victoires donneront des avantages ? ( ce qui me parait normal).

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 24/08/2017 à 16h11.
Gaffeur
Dieu / Déesse supérieur(e)

Oh, hi Mark

Since Warhammer online, some PVP MMOs have designed their mass pvp model with hard caps on aoe abilities, I would like your personal opinion on the subject : what is your state of mind about aoe caps, is it a good thing or bad thing and any plan to incorporate them to CU ?

thanks for your kind consideration

Kaeril
Dieu / Déesse souverain(e)

Hey MJ,

I can't miss the occasion to ask you directly.

Do you happen to have any blog, forum post, public place... where I could read some of your thoughts and reflections on virtual world design and the current state of the MMO industry?

The question may sound weird, but it's been a hot topic of interest to me lately. As a younger that wasn't around in the era of MUDs during the 90s, I've been actively browsing through the Internet, digging up old archives... The fact is, it's quite easy to read from good folks such as Raph Koster, Brad McQuaid, Dr Richard Bartle (I've been amazed with his old book Designing Virtual Worlds, seeing how relevant it has remained after all these years, even though it was written at a time World of Warcraft did not even exist!). I just can have a look at their own blogs, and their devblogs. And as you've been in the virtual worlds scene for longer than most of us even lived, I've been wanting to read some of your personal thoughts on these topics for a while as well. It has proven to be much harder actually. Perhaps I haven't explored the CU forums enough yet!

Heck, I wish there was some kind of modern, equivalent take on MUD-Dev. The community, the debates, the reads I dig up there are a special kind of gold, and all of this value is being lost to younger generations of players and designers. I believe this is a key point in many problems that we have with MMOs nowadays.
Coconutz groove [LNM]
Dieu / Déesse

Hello MJ

Do you think that the delay CU will not be fatal in the current commercial context of the mmo industry?
Example if a person invested in this game will have a guarantee to be able to benefit before the end of 2018?

If you take the time to answer my questions I thank you in advance

Dernière modification par nanoko ; 24/08/2017 à 19h33.
Tenacious [RPz]
Alpha & Oméga

Nice to see that you have kinds considerations for your french community Mark

I hope we'll see you some time or another around there, keep going on the great work !
Répondre

Outils Rechercher
Rechercher:

Recherche avancée

Le wiki Camelot Unchained RSS
Thème visuel : Fuseau horaire GMT +1. Il est actuellement 05h46.

© JeuxOnLine, le site des MMO, MMORPG et MOBA. Tous droits réservés. - Conditions générales d'utilisation - Conditions d'utilisation des forums - Traitement des données personnelles - ! Signaler un contenu illicite