Célèbre contre son gré : The Fat Jedi Kid.

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Apparemment un adolescent un peu enrobé s'est filmé à son école en train de se prendre pour un Jedi... sauf qu'il a oublié la cassette dans le caméscope.

3 types de son école son passés par là et se sont empressés de mettre la video sur Internet... à partir de là la communauté Star Wars a apporté sa touche personnelle en rajoutant effets spéciaux et sons (voir la 2e video).

lien vers les 2 videos

Article du Herald Sun sur l'histoire :

Citation :
One of the Internet's latest hits has seen laughter and malicious comments directed at an unlikely lad, SAMANTHA AMJADALI reports

Poor kid. That's what millions are saying on the Internet.

The heartfelt response, usually proceeded by laughter, is the typical reaction to the latest Net craze, a pixilated, two-minute video called The Star Wars Kid.

In it, a lone and rather rotund young boy wields a golf ball retriever. He brandishes it in a series of painfully awkward, but unmistakably carefree, moves.

The anonymous lad, dressed in khaki pants and a blue-striped shirt, imitates a Star Wars Jedi warrior in battle.

The golf ball retriever is his virtual weapon, a pretend double lightsaber -- the type used by bad guy Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode One -- The Phantom Menace.

He oafishly jumps, lunges and spin kicks at an imaginary foe. His intense gaze is accompanied only by the sounds he makes with every move.

No one was supposed to see the hilarious, often excruciating, video, but millions have after it was released on the Internet as a prank by three of the boy's fellow students a month ago.

The trio found the video in a school camera, digitised it and uploaded it to Kazaa, the controversial file-sharing network with more than 225 million users.

One of the dozens of websites offering copies of the video report it has been downloaded more than two million times.

Many others offer a special The Star Wars Kid re-mix, containing special effects and dramatic snippets of the Star Wars soundtrack.

While most people have a laugh, forward the video to friends and forget it, others have been malicious, calling the boy everything from "fat" and "lonely" to an "unmitigated dork".

Saddened by the mean-spirited reaction towards the boy, one inquisitive webmaster, Andy Baio, of waxy.org, decided to try tracking down the anonymous lad to offer him sympathy and support.

The three culprits who uploaded the video last week contacted Baio, informing him The Star Wars Kid's identity is Ghyslain, a 15-year-old, French-speaking Year 10 student from Canada.

Because he is a minor, Baio will not reveal Ghyslain's surname.

Baio says that "overall he seems like a damn cool kid".

"I don't care what anyone else thinks, Ghyslain is my new hero," he says.

Baio, who does not speak French, enlisted the help of multilingual friend Jish Mukerji, a San Francisco biologist, who called Ghyslain at his home in Quebec. The full transcript of the paltry interview is available at Baio's website. In it, a shy Ghyslain reveals in broken English that he has seen the re-mix and, although thoroughly embarrassed, considers it is "very well made".

Unable to compensate the unfortunate Ghyslain for the humiliation and undue criticism he has faced (most of it aimed at his weight), Baio is holding a fundraiser aimed at buying Ghyslain, an avid computer lover, hi-tech goodies to take his mind off the past month.

By yesterday, Baio had received more than 400 donations, totalling nearly $9000.

"He's given us a lot of amusement, so we thought we should do something for him," Mukerji tells wired.com.

"There has been a lot of sympathy donations. A lot of people see a little bit of themselves in him. We've all done the same thing. He's a young guy."

Mukerji admits one of his motivations was guilt for initially laughing at the video, as well as the need for "geeks" to protect their own.

"He has self-confidence issues. Obviously the video hasn't helped, but hopefully the donations will," Mukerji says.

Baio and Mukerji also have received a number of non-cash gifts, including software, T-shirts and a Darth Maul lightsaber replica signed by Ray Park, who played Maul.

"The outpouring of support has been staggering -- far beyond what I expected," says Baio.

"I thought he deserved better. This video was uploaded to humiliate an awkward and overweight computer geek. But the truth is, he's not too different to what many of us were in 10th grade.

"I was furious at the hypocritical comments being posted to my site . . . all these geeks and dorks were trashing one of their own.

"I hope he records a sequel."
c'est une jolie histoire, finalement
Moi je me demande quel logiciel ils ont utilisé pour incruster l'effet "laser" sur ce qui lui sert de double sabre parce que sa m'interesse vachement de savoir comment ils ont fait si qqun s'y connais un peu ou a des liens je veux bien prendre
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés