[Officiel Mythic] Grab Bagel

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Not a bag, not a baguette:

Q: In patch notes 1.51, there was a note about future respecs, and the conditions that had to be met for Mythic to grant a respec (not including the dragon stones and whatever you all add in the future). I feel (insert class here) has been changed enough to meet that criteria.

A: There has been a lot of discussion and debate here over the respec issue. As we suspected when we initially implemented the whole concept of respec, the line between a major change to a class and a minor one was very blurry, and often depended on where you stood. So we've made a change to our policy, and hopefully made it one where there was less gray area.

If a specialization line is weaker than it should be, and we tune it up/add spells or styles, there will be no "free" respec granted. If a specialization line is stronger than it should be, and we tune it down/remove anything, we will assign "free" respecs.

This is different than what was said before. I apologize for past inconsistency, and hope that this new policy leaves less room for doubt and confusion. Feedback requesting more alternate means of getting respec stones in game has been passed on, just FYI.

Q: I copied my level 50 character to Pendragon, hoping to test the new /level command. It wouldn't let me. Is your system bugged?

A: No. As we said, the current /level command is only functional on the accounts of those flagged for housing testing. So, if you are not in the housing beta, you will not be able to try out /level yet.

Q: Insert all other questions about the proposed /level command here.

A: As I said on one of the message boards - "More details later" means we'll give more specific details... well, later! Seriously, I don't have the details to give you, nor can many of the questions you have be answered at this time. The purpose of the post by our intrepid producer was to let you know that the bare bones of the system were done and ready for testing.

Just to be sure we're all on the same page, ALL we have settled for now is that anyone with a level 50 on their account:

- May create a level 20 character anywhere, including their home server.
- May create a level 30 character on a realm we've designated as "Most Severely Underpopulated."
- May create as many of those freebies as they want.

**Everything else** is still under discussion, if you catch my meaning. Thank you for your feedback while we're still in this early phase!

Q: What does condition/bonus/ quality matter on jewelry? You answered this in October, but sometimes things change.

A: Grab Bag, 10-25-02: Condition – at or below 70% you stop getting stat increases or specific benefits. Bonus – (the bonus field, I should say) at this time, nothing. Quality – at this time, nothing, with one exception: all items including jewelry with a quality of 99, or 100 have extra “hidden” durability past the displayed 100, and thus those items last longer than items of lower quality. This is still true to the best of my knowledge.

Q: What is the determining factor for Bow fire rate (other than the bow itself)? I've heard/read both Dex and Qui but haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

A: Quickness.

Q: You guys changed some items by upping the bonuses. Are the older items still in game or completely replaced by the new ones? Specifically, is a "Shimmering Doodad of Ooh Shiny" the same as "The Doodad of Ooh Shiny"?

A: "Typically, if the item name remains exactly the same - it has only been updated," said the Lord of the Live Team. "That's correct," said the Item Princess. "If we *replace* something with a new item, we usually give it a slightly different name and mention that it was replaced. Otherwise, it's still the original item, just a little better. The only thing that might throw people off is that when we update the old items to have the correct bonus, the change takes place on the treasure index - which causes it to add "brilliant," "shining" etc, just as if you took an item to an enchanter."

I'm sorry the Q&A part of the column is so short this week – things are just a bit crazed around here, what with all the stuff being coded and tested on Pendragon. I am making up for it with announcements!

Most of the questions this week revolved around the material currently on Pendragon, and it's very difficult to answer questions about things that can change by the hour. One note, if I may? It is easier to understand the questions (and get answers) from people who have actually tried out the proposed changes. The most wonderful email in the world about your fears and concerns can't be passed on if you don't actually know from experience. Thank you very much for the experienced feedback I did receive this week! It has been passed on the where it will do the most good. With luck, next week there will be more time to answer questions.

Need a break? A new webcomic about Dark Age of Camelot has appeared. I got to see previews, and laughed my tail off at them all, so I think y'all will enjoy this: http://www.camelotaddict.com/.

One of the joys of being a MMOG provider is being a fat juicy target for con artists and scammers. One example someone sent me via feedback form: Ever wondered how to get free items and money on Dark Age of Camelot? Well here is the way. Mythic receives thousands of e-mails every day. They set up bots to return dynamic messages to the senders of the mails. Almost every possible email is covered by a bot. Sending all of those replies often creates far too much traffic to be sent out through one mail server. Mythic uses many other web-based mail servers to “snake”, or “crawl” the return mail to the senders. Unfortunately for Mythic, regular people can abuse these bots. This is one of the best ways to do that…

That is not at all true. While some of our departments use form letters to address the thousands of similar issues they deal with each day (which we do only so we can respond to each customer in a timely fashion), we do not use bots or crawlers or whatever the heck this scammer was babbling about. If you are concerned as to whether or not something you see on the web, or something you receive in your email is legitimate or not, please do not hesitate to ask me. I will post (as I did this morning) or I will reply to you and let you know. I really appreciate you guys making me aware of problems.

Pendragon people – two things for you – one, sorry about the boards, we know they've been up and down all day. It drove us crazy, too. And two, the detailed feedback on various topics is much appreciated, and read by many.

Let's see, what else… yes! Ladies t-shirts! Also known as "baby doll" style shirts, our Mythic Store now carries a black version and a white version with a scaled-down tri-knot logo on the front, suitable for those of us who are not six feet tall with shoulders like a linebacker. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But after months of nagging the poor beleaguered business manager to get us hooked up with something that didn't fit us like nightgowns, the Mythic Women finally have their teeny t-shirts. /em cackles with glee and runs off clutching her sample.

On that note, I shall take my leave on this rainy Friday, and go whack a few pla… uh, quietly inquire in an anonymous fashion as to the opinions of my fellow players within the game! Rawr!
Source: site officiel Mythic, The Camelot Herald.
Re: [Officiel Mythic] Grab Bagel
Citation :
Provient du message de Nof Samedisthjofr
The only thing that might throw people off is that when we update the old items to have the correct bonus, the change takes place on the treasure index - which causes it to add "brilliant," "shining" etc, just as if you took an item to an enchanter
Je retiens surtout ça, étant donné la Hache Barbelée de Gaszi obtenue en 1.57 et portant maintenant le nom de Hache Barbelée de Gaszi Scintillante (ou du même goût, bref typiquement le cas exposé dans ce crap pack... euh... grab bag ), cependant le bonus est toujours de 25%.

Erreur? Aucune idée, faut que je passe voir les release notes
Citation :
Provient du message de Aelie
On va envahir Orcanie
Realm != Server. La fonctionnalité sera que si tu as un level 50 sur un serveur, tu pourras créér un level 20 sur tous les serveurs et créér un level 30 sur les ROYAUMES les moins peuplés des serveurs où il y a un vrai déséquilibre de populaton.
Citation :
Provient du message de Dawma
Realm != Server. La fonctionnalité sera que si tu as un level 50 sur un serveur, tu pourras créér un level 20 sur tous les serveurs et créér un level 30 sur les ROYAUMES les moins peuplés des serveurs où il y a un vrai déséquilibre de populaton.
Oui. De plus, aux US, ce sera Mythic qui décidera des royaumes considérés comme étant "underpopulated" (en sous-population pour les allergiques à l'anglais).
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés