MAJ de l'après-midi - 28 Mai 2014

Répondre
Partager Rechercher
Citation :
Folks,

Before I talk about today’s announcement, the fact that you are reading this means that you are a Backer of Camelot Unchained™. This update is the first of many that you will receive from directly from us and not via the Kickstarter update system. As we now have over 18K Backers, it is time to move our updates from that platform to email. We will still publish one or two more updates via Kickstarter but after that, we will only use it when we need to reach the Kickstarter backers and not the entire Camelot Unchained Community. There are numerous benefits of doing things this way including that we will have better control of our update’s content and access to tracking tools to ensure that all of our Backers are actually receiving our emails.

Last month, we announced “The BSC days in May.” This Live Streaming event was intended to include 3-5 days’ worth of live and pre-filmed interviews, contests, Q&A sessions and so much more. Unfortunately, there is no way that we will be able to launch this event today.

It would be so easy to say that we just had too many moving parts, (CLICHÉ ALERT!!!!!) or that life intervened (I’ve said that before), but it’s much simpler to say “Mea Culpa,” and delay the presentation till it is really ready to go. I’d like to add that we haven’t hit any one specific roadblock in particular, but just a lot of little speed bumps. Whether it was various illnesses, lack of AC, or the influx of new people, they all combined to slow us down a bit. The result: while we are most of the way through all the stuff we needed “in the can” to launch the BSC days, we aren’t there yet. Given these facts, it would seem prudent to delay the BSC launch till we are closer to 100% ready than we are now, although we’ve got a little egg on our face for missing this date.

Now, the good news is that the delay shouldn’t take us out of June. We have to work around a few scheduling things (like E3), but they probably won’t prove to be insurmountable difficulties in launching the BSC days in June. It just means extra time to get the engine even shinier, the storefront even more solid, and the presentations even more presentable (okay, that was a stretch).

While the main reason behind the BSC Days is for us to present our longer-term plans for the game and have some fun at the same time, it won’t hurt that the engine is coming along nicely. And that is something to really keep in mind about what we will be showing: We are building this engine from scratch. As such, our focus has not been on trying to wow people with gameplay, but rather on building the tech which is used in turn to build the game.

We will have a lot to talk about during the BSC Days about the tech, but it is important for all our Backers to know that we are sticking to the plan we had right from the beginning: build the foundation before you build the house. The same reasoning applies to the presentations as well, since we don’t have the time, personnel, or budget to spend making overly elaborate presentations with lots of bright and shiny bits. Thus, we won’t be talking heads after the presentations finish; we will stay around to talk to you folks, answer questions, etc. That is what I think our Backers would rather see and hear, especially as we will also be showing off more of the engine then too.

Part of our plan was, and remains, to only begin each stage of Camelot Unchained’s development when it is proper to do so. As I’ve said before, I won’t hesitate to hold up Alpha, Beta, etc. as necessary to ensure that Camelot Unchained is ready to meet the expectations that we laid out for the game. While this announcement is a rather simple example of this behavior, it is directly on point. Our presentation is not ready to go, so I made the call to delay it. I would rather say Mea Culpa and have some rotten fruit thrown in my direction than go down the other path. That is one of the beautiful things about this project, and the support that our Backers have shown us: We don’t have to and will not launch early. I will follow up this update with the official launch date for the BSC days when they become, well, official.

So, that’s about it for today’s update, other than to say thank you to all our Backers for allowing us to create this new world for everyone to enjoy.

-Mark

P.S. We also announced another scheduled IT test for today. For those with IT access, please check your mail!
Pas grand chose à raconter, trois points ressortent :
  • Abandon des MAJ via Kickstarter (sauf rares exceptions) et utilisation d'une communication par mail.
  • Report des BSC days. Normalement avant fin juin. Date officielle à venir.
  • IT test aujourd'hui.
Citation :
Publié par Isambart Perceforest
Pas grave, autant que ça soit fignolé aux petits oignons leur truc !
Ok. Mais c'est quand même un retard Bon restons indulgents, il y a encore de la marge.
Présence à l'E3 confirmé.
Il y aura donc une présentation de leur moteur entre le 10 juin et le 12 juin.

Histoire de faire le buzz avant, ils lanceront certainement leur annonce majeure la semaine prochaine (le 3 ou le 4 juin) ainsi que leur nouveau forum/modification de comptes.

Je croise les doigts pour que tout se passe bien, plus qu'à attendre 2 semaines.

On en a gros!!
News du mercredi 28 mai

Citation :
....Now, the good news is that the delay shouldn’t take us out of June. We have to work around a few scheduling things (like E3), but they probably won’t prove to be insurmountable difficulties in launching the BSC days in June. It just means extra time to get the engine even shinier, the storefront even more solid, and the presentations even more presentable (okay, that was a stretch)...
Mon anglais est un peu rouillé mais il me semble qu'ils préparent l'E3.
Je comprends qu'ils veulent éviter la concurrence de l'e3 pour ne pas passer inaperçus ->
Citation :
Publié par News du 28
Nous devons faire avec certaines choses programmées (comme l'E3) mais ce ne seront probablement pas des difficultés insurmontables nous empêchant de lancer les BSC days en juin.
Citation :
Publié par Posteur 1 sur le forum off
En plus, il semble que CSE va à l'e3 ?
Citation :
Publié par Posteur 2 sur le forum off
Ou qu'ils ne veulent pas être perdu dans le déluge de l'e3 et comme ça l'info pourrait circuler pour attirer de nouveaux builders.
Citation :
Publié par Posteur 3 sur le forum off
Je suis d'accord. Pendant l'E3 les média de jeux vidéo seront inondés d'informations et on ne veut pas que les BSC days soient perdus dans là dedans.
Citation :
Publié par CSE_Mark
QFT
L'E3, c'est du 10 au 12 juin.
Mark ne dit rien à propos de l'E3, à part la phrase que j'ai mise en quote.

Le timing serait parfait (voir un peu tendu):
BSC + nouveau forum + gestion des pledges + nouveau nom la semaine du 2 juin
E3 la semaine du 10 juin
L'idéal pour nous oui, après ... Difficile de dire, des infos avant l'E3 risques de passer inaperçu ou oublier avec l'E3. Pendant l'E3 .... Noyer dans la masse .... après l'E3 .... Un peu tard ....

*lance la roue* faites vos jeux m'sieux dames, faite vos jeux !

Turkan ta oublier le : on en a gros
On va par contre éviter de sortir les messages du forums officiels, il y a certaines règles à respecter

(Oui, je suis conscient qu'on n'est pas sur du contenu "sensible" )
Répondre

Connectés sur ce fil

1 connecté (0 membre et 1 invité) Afficher la liste détaillée des connectés